Arrived back on Saturday 11th of August after an 11 day stay at the Palma Nova Hotel
Having read previous reviews leading up to my holiday i was very concerned to what type of Hotel me and my wife and daughter aged 16 were coming to
I spoke with the Thomas Cook people on the phone couple of days before departure but they would not listen to my concerns of stag/hen parties running riot within the hotel and stated they do not pay any attention to web sites with peoples comments.
Anyway we arrived to be given a room on the fifth floor with a pool/sea view which was a pleasent
view to look out at-The room was basic but clean to which the maid cleaned and changed towels everyday.
Yes the walls are paper thin as you can hear people chatting in the next room but that was mainly at night time and only lasted for a short time
Food was o/k-Various choices to chose from but you had at lunchtime have to get your drinks at the pool bar and then walk to the dining area where at Dinner the pool bar closed and you then got them from an inside bar at the entertainment area.
Entertainment was poor the people tried their best but working in an inside area without the airconon it made this area very uncomfortable hence reason people went outside to the pool area
to chat and have a drink-Again problem was then no poolside bar open you then had to go into the sauna get your drinks and then take them outside
My concern over the stag/hen parties did not happen during our stay but yes they were there in previous weeks due to some special radio 1 shows going on in Magulf
Sunbeds as every one has pointed out is a problem with people having to but Lido to then lie on a concrete floor to sunbathe
One plus side was the location in Palma Nova-At the quiet end next to Fantasia Golf
Overall we had an enjoyable holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Palmanova Hotel offers enjoyable facilities and comprehensive services for your beach holiday in Majorca. The hotel is located in one of the most popular holiday destinations of Majorca, Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calvia. Days can be spent relaxing on the resort’s beach, strolling along the landscaped promenade or exploring the many shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants the town has to offer. The hotel is a stone’s throw away from Palma Nova's beach, known as one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. With ideal conditions and everything you need nearby, the beach of Palma Nova will make for a truly memorable holiday. Facilities at the hotel include swimming pools for both adults and children, a 4,600-square-foot garden with sun loungers and parasols, a children's playground, entertainment venues including a games room and free wireless internet (30 minutes) access in public areas. In addition, the hotel has a function room cater for up to 60 people and a car park. The Globales Palmanova Hotel has everything to experience your dream vacation on the resort of Palma Nova. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HostelWorld so you can book your Globales Palmanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Globales Palmanova Majorca