1,811 results
All reviews entertainment team palma nova golf fantasia salad vip area pool area every night toasties great holiday evening entertainment crazy golf self service water polo french guests next year bar staff minute walk to the beach
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Well, I had read the reviews on here and was expecting a bit of a nightmare. However, we had no problems whatsoever. The location is brilliant. Hotel was clean. Food was lovely with a really good selection - always salad, cold meats and chips if you didnt fancy anything else. Entertainment staff brilliant, not pushy at all and the entertainment was just there if you wanted it. Rooms perfectly adequate, remember this is 3 star.

In response to all the moaning on here:
Sunbeds - still available at 8am after that you might struggle but this is no different to anywhere else.
Rude staff - nope. Everyone nice.
Thin walls - didnt cause us a problem
Big groups of stags and hens - none

We travelled as a family of 5, kids aged 15,16 and 9. Something for everyone. We would definately go back - loved it!

2  Thank khitchon
HiHotels, Holiday Concierge at Globales Palmanova, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and commented about your stay at the Palmanova Hotel.

Your comments are very valuable for us and give us a great opportunity to constantly adjust our services to the needs and expectations of our guests.

We are very happy that you had a great time in Mallorca and at our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you once again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2012

just back today 12th august . 2012. from a weeks holiday . we thought it was a very good holiday the rooms were cleaned every day food was very good a change of menus every day. which should cater from young to old .i must though say i am in agreeement with the sunbeds people were going down so early to put there towels and i saw people even moving there sunbeds to there position they wanted surely they could have got one at the position they wanted.but i would go back there again as you can make the holiday as quite or whatever you want .Also what i did miss in the room was a hairdryer i could have brought my own but previous hotelsthey had one in the rooms also no fridge but seemily you could hire ,not to good there for a all inclusive so mayb something to think about .

Room tip: we had a room overlooking pool and where positioned we could see the sea. we thought it was fairly quite
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ann m
HiHotels, Holiday Concierge at Globales Palmanova, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for the time you took to write about your stay in Palmanova Hotel.

I am sorry that on certain levels your holiday did not live up to your expectations. I do hope I can address all the points that you have raised.

Best Regards..

Reviewed 12 August 2012

A good quality hotel, very happy with the price. Despite the previous reviews of this hotel droning on about 'decor', 'sunbeds' and 'food' let me remind you this is a 3 star hotel, if you want to be a snob and comment on which plants they should have in the lobby go to a 5 star.

On a previous review it mentioned that after checkin, you are given a slip of paper, a wrist tag and basically 'left to fend for yourself' which is totally correct, this is a hotel not a care home, nobody knocks on your door at 8am, dresses you and holds your hand down to breakfast. Providing you are a reasonably responsibe adult you such be able to complete the most basic of tasks such a dressing yourself, cleaning yourself and feeding yourself without any intervention.

With that said the hotel is cleaned each day inside and out by a team of dedicated staff, who I saw every morning as I went down to breakfast.
The room was cleaned each day and beds made to a good standard and towels where changed. There was a TV in the room but i didn't come on holiday to sit in the room and watch TV.
WiFi in the hotel is fast but you have to pay, there is free WiFi on the beach.

Nothing was stolen from my room so never had dealings with the staff but they all seemed friendly enough, there was an earlier review that suggested bar staff should ask you for your life story whilst servings your drinks, this is a bad idea because I don't care at all about what the person infront has to say and I just want to hurry up and get my drinks and enjoy them.

Regarding the measures of alcohol in the all-inclusive drinks, people moaning thats its too much spirit to drink ratio but still go ahead and drink it anyway and then complain. Well im sure you're all responsible adults i'm sure and if you dont want a drink thats 3/4 vodka and 1/4 coke then open your mouth and tell the guy and he'll make you a new one. Simple.

Yes there is not many sunbeds for the hotel which is why there are loads of signs around asking you not to reserve sunbeds but as you'll soon notice is that most rules are broken by the british holiday makers anyway. If you want a sunbed go down at 5am like a saddo and reserve about 14 sunbeds and 3 parasols. The 6 sunbeds for your kids, who will play in the pool all day and not use them once, the other 4 for your book to rest on, 1 for your food and the other 3 for yourself, make sure you use the parasols to keep your sunbeds cool whilst your go out for about 5 hours because nobody wants to come back warm sunbeds. For added effect make sure you come back hungry, thirsty and your kids are proper warm and hyperactive and wish to jump in the pool about 20 million times to cool themselves down, make sure you current hunger and thirst levels are known to everyone within a 20m radius whilst you sit under your cool shade and everyone bakes in the sun cause you reserved all the parasols.

Alternatively, if you don't manage to get sunbeds when you come down at a reasonable time and see sunbeds reserved with no-one on them for a few hours, throw their towels in the pool and because you're an adult, when they come back and start gobbing off, use your mouth and remind them that sunbeds are a courtesy of the hotel are not to be reserved.

Whilst I stayed at this hotel the food provided was excellent, more than what I expected from a 3 star hotel. They had themed nights and snacks throughout the day to stuff your face with.
A previous reviewer mentioned the fact that her son was not eating healthly because they served burger and chips everyday and thats all he ate. We'll if your a responsible parent make sure your child eats healthly, theres more than enough salad, fruit and healthy options. It isn't the hotels fault you can't be bothered to supervise what your child eats.
And if the decor in the dining room offends you, go to a 5 star hotel...

The chefs work hard making sure theres more than enough food to pile high on your plate and the restaurant staff work hard clearing all the half empty plates and turning around the table to allow another family of hungry holidaymakers to sit down.

The entertainers work hard with the entertainment throughout the day is mainly aimed for keeping the kids active and out of the way of their parents (hence children DON'T NEED TO BE RESERVED A SUNBED). These can include activities such as pistol shootings, mini golf and water polo . Watch out when they are playing water polo as you don't tend to find many water polo champions staying at this hotel and as a result the ball flies everywhere, including in your face.
The entertainment during the night is for families to enjoy things like disco and fancy dress etc... again if you don't like the entertainment go play mini golf which is nearby, or go somewhere else.

There were no loud families staying during my visit and as a result of this, I managed to sleep very well. If the thought of the smallish room and lack of decoration bothers you, go to a 5 star or alternatively save money by closing your eyes and going to sleep.

However, with two small lifts serving the whole hotel, you could be waiting a while for a lift to take you up to your 7th floor room as they are generally hogged by the family of 9 staying on the first floor to go down 1 floor.

Definetely recommend this hotel and shall be returning, great location near the beach and near to Palmanova, lots of shops nearby and lots of sun.

So all in all, if you can speak for yourself, dish out your own food, pour your own drinks and walk you will survive a good holiday.
Finally, I dont think the hotel lets itself down on anything, what lets is down is the people that stay there.

17  Thank Andy663333
HiHotels, Holiday Concierge at Globales Palmanova, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and commented about your stay at the Palmanova Hotel, and for the wonderfull opinion you have about our Staff.

We know that holidays are special and do our best to make them completely enjoyable.

We are very happy that you had a great time in Mallorca and at our hotel

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Palmanova Hotel.

Our Best Regards..

Ramona,

Holiday Concierge

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just got back from a week's Half Board at the Hotel Palmanova. I stupidly left my Kindle in the room when we left this morning - under my pillow as I'd been reading during the night. I called the hotel as soon as I got home to Glasgow (approx 5 hours later) to be told that housekeeping said that there was nothing left in the room. Now I know exactly where I left it and so someone is not telling the truth. I've asked the hotel to speak again to the cleaning staff and they said to ring back tomorrow morning so I'll update this post then.

Apart from this there are good and bad points to the hotel
Bad points are:
VERY thin walls - we did not have one unbroken nights sleep for the whole week.
Sunbeds - everyone else has mentioned them- because it's true, the worst I've ever come across.It could be rectified quite easily by just removing any towels that are put down before 8.30am. If you do manage to get one however the new ones are really comfy.
Lifts - slow and overcrowded,
Air Con - was good in both rooms that we had however there doesn't seem to be any in the indoor public areas. I don't know how anyone could have sat inside at night to watch the entertainment. It was stifling.

Good Points:
Really close to the beach which was lovely and also in the nicest and quietest part of Palma Nova.
Entertainment staff are really enthusiastic but not pushy, if like us, you like to just watch from a distance.
Food was ok - themed nights being the best of the week. Champagne breakfast if you fancy it is a nice touch.

All in all - we're just a bit disappointed. We, like most people, save really hard for our annual holiday and feel a bit let down by the hotel.

Room tip: Ask for a high floor pool view to get a sea view - otherwise you're gazing over fields and motorway
2  Thank themurraysGlasgow
HiHotels, Holida Concierge at Globales Palmanova, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for the time you took to write about your stay at Palmanova Hotel.

Am afraid we don't understand your comments about your Kindle, since we send it back to you as soon as we find it.

Best Regards,

Ramona...

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Having just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel on the 7/8/2012, I can say I wont be returning. Having stayed in Palma Nova & Magaluf 4 times before this hotel is in a good position & very close to the beach, close enough infact to pop back for drinks regularly ( we stayed all inclusive). We went for 14 days & never once managed to get around the pool, people were up at 5.45am every morning to put towels on sun beds, even though the brochure you're give when you check in clearly says not to reserve sunbeds. The food was good, a good selection every day, staff were courteous. The rooms were ok but OMG you could hear everthing from next door, especially in the bathrooms where EVERYTHING could be heard through the grill on the wall, the beds were made everyday but only changed once in the 2 weeks we were there. If you like Butlins in the sun then this is a cracking hotel, the entertainment through the day seemed to be basic but the Entertainment staff tried hard & at night there seemed to be various quizzes & singing going on by the same entertainment staff, but it was so hot in the entertainment lounge ( why this doesn't take place outside like other hotels I don't know), most people just sat outside by the pool having a drink. This hotel will suit many people as most guests there had been before but I won't be going back.

Room tip: Ask for a pool view as some rooms over looked the main road & spare ground.
1  Thank SheffieldChezza

Dear guest,

We highly appreciate that you took the time to write,

We would like to thank you for constructive criticism and we will be pleased if you give further preference to our hotel.

Kind Regards,