I have never stayed in an all inclusive hotel and to be honest, I wasnt expecting much. However I am pleased to say I was very happy with the hotel and could hardly find fault. We were a party of 5 and had two rooms, both rooms were immaculate when we arrived and the maids cleaned the rooms every day and replaced the towels daily. Air con in the room, safety deposits inthe room *25 euros to hire though. The location of the hotel could not be faulted, approximately 3 minutes walk from the beach and the local bars, restaurants and shops. Not close enough for noise from the bars though so great!
There was enough choice of food on offer everyday to keep the fussiest of eaters happy.
Breakfast options were cereal, crossiants, local bakerie items, toast, full English, fruit etc, yoghurts etc etc
Lunch was amazing, with a HUGE variety and the same with the evening meal. If you want to go out for the day and miss lunch which ends at 3pm, they offer hot cooked snacks up till 6pm and then your evening meal is served from 7-9pm
The hotel staff were in all very helpful. The bar staff and restaurant staff work so hard.
The pool was my only gripe. If you want a sun lounger, be prepared to get out of bed and put your towel on early. Even though it states you are not allowed to put towels out to reserve beds everyone does. Anytime from 6.30 am and the beds with parasols are all taken. Get your backside out of bed, put your towels out and go back to sleep, which is what we had to do twice to ensure we got beds. Or go to the beach. Even though there are not enough beds, there are loads of tables and chairs you can sit around the pool with, and loads of places to get some shade from the never ceasing sun. The two pool entertainers were hilarious and I have nothing short of admiration for their never ending energy and good humour! There is a life guard on duty from 10 - 6pm which are official pool opening times.
We had to check out at 11 am and were able to leave our baggage in the hotel store room,. and we sat around the pool for the rest of the day until the coach arrived at 4pm. We were still able to take advantage of the all inclusive even though we checked out.
We went on 3 trips whilst we were there which were organised through the tour operator. All were excellent value for money and I cant recommend the Tour of the Mallorcan Islands enough, it is a full day tour. A boat ride, a train ride and a tram ride with views to die for, and then a trip to a leather factory on the way back, very enjoyable. Beware however if you get sea sick as half the boat we were on threw up!
We went to Marineland, which was amazing,. if you go there take your swimming stuff and a towel as it had a beautiful beach, and is near when the Spanish Royalty take their summer break, absolutely breath taking. Also worth is a visit is the Market visit on the Wednesday which also incorporates a tour of the Port of Andtrax, well worth the 20 euros. You get two hours in the markets, and an hour in the port plus your coach travel and amazing knowledgeable guides.
I honestly cant believe some of the negative comments i have read on here. I never saw an insect hardly never mind cockroaches, the grounds of the hotel are immaculate and the glasses are collected continually to prevent a build up of wasps!
I will be returning I am sure of that. Thank you Hotel Palma Nova for a very enjoyable break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The Globales Palmanova Hotel offers enjoyable facilities and comprehensive services for your beach holiday in Majorca. The hotel is located in one of the most popular holiday destinations of Majorca, Palma Nova, in the municipality of Calvia. Days can be spent relaxing on the resort’s beach, strolling along the landscaped promenade or exploring the many shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants the town has to offer. The hotel is a stone’s throw away from Palma Nova's beach, known as one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. With ideal conditions and everything you need nearby, the beach of Palma Nova will make for a truly memorable holiday. Facilities at the hotel include swimming pools for both adults and children, a 4,600-square-foot garden with sun loungers and parasols, a children's playground, entertainment venues including a games room and free wireless internet (30 minutes) access in public areas. In addition, the hotel has a function room cater for up to 60 people and a car park. The Globales Palmanova Hotel has everything to experience your dream vacation on the resort of Palma Nova. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Globales Palmanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmanova Hotel Palma Nova
- Palma Nova Hotel
- Hotel Palma Nova Majorca
- Globales Palmanova Majorca