“Service needs to improve” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Restaurante Jaume
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Service needs to improve”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

I went here with my husband and my 2 daughters - beautiful setting and the food was pretty good - I had mallorcan lamb which was very nice, however the service was not good, on arrival we ordered drinks - my husband's and daughters were brought out quite quickly however I had to ask twice ( after they had there drinks for my wine) - this continued throughout the meal ( same happened with water I ordered). When we received our puddings the ice cream was all melted presumeably because it was left in the kitchen for too long. The restaurant was busy and it was Friday night- another member of waiting staff would be helpful - however I cannot fault the food.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

London
“Enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

We had two meals at this restaurant; the first was better than the second but both were enjoyable. The terrace is lovely; try to book one of the tables at the front.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Wetherby, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Lovely food, service was a bit disorganised when we were there as they were short staffed.

Visited May 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great location, excellent starters and main courses let down by poor service and indifferent desserts.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Any restaurant in Deia has tough competition. This establishment is on the main street, but has a charming balcony overlooking the mountains that are a particular feature of this area. We hadn't booked, but we're given a table on the balcony, albeit not one of the 'side-by-side' tables that face out towards the scenery. Service was an immediate problem and we didn't receive our drinks and bread for some time. However, when the starters arrived they were well worth waiting for; theTumbet, a regional speciality perfect for non-meat eaters, was particularly good, indeed, we overheard another diner proclaiming it "gorgeous". Although one of our first choice main courses was off the menu the substitute, fish of the day, was also excellent. Desserts were not so good; my peach tartin was reasonable, but my wife's almond cake tasted if it had been refridgerated for too long and was dry. Back to the service; there may have been extenuating circumstances. Spain were playing in the final of Euro 2012 that evening! In my view the price was commensurate with the quality of the food and the ambiance.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
West Yorkshire, England
“Extremely disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

Having read the bad reviews we thought we would give them the benefit of doubt as it was once one of the best restaurants in deia - we wish now we hadn't. The food was tasteless, over- priced for the quality we received. We sent our meal back as it was not cooked! They did not have the wine we wanted and the service was not what it used to be.

• 2 of 5 bubbles