Myself my partner and our 3 kids spent 10 nights at these apartments during October and we loved every minute of it. We had booked bed and breakfast as we like to spend the evenings eating out but spending the days mainly around the pool with some days out down the beaches.
Breakfast: Superb, no complaints at all. In fact I would say this is one of the best breakfast offerings i've seen at a hotel in terms of quality and choice. The hot section offered proper bacon and sausages, the scrambled egg was perfect and the omelette bar was excellent too providing you like cheese and ham which I do. Add to this the cold meats/salad section, along with cereals fruits and pastries then you're on to a winner. Drinks were well supplied to with plenty of choice of fruit juices including a fresh orange juicer (the ones were you feed the oranges in yourself) and of course hot selections. If you're anything like me then you will really appreciate the added bonus of HP brown sauce, winner.
Apartments: We didn't book the superior room and so stayed in a standard which was comfortable enough for me and my family (2 x adults 1 x baby 1 x 9yr old and 1 x 8yr old). These were cleaned everyday and had a huge balcony. The self catering facilities in the room such as cutlery, microwave, fridge were also excellent. Rooms also have Air/Con at no extra cost.
Pool bar: Good selection of food of you wanted it although slightly pricey. We tried some of the meals as snacks through the day and had no complaints. Rudi and the team do a great job in terms of service.
Pool: Clean, fairly large although a bit cold. You get used to the temperature quiet quickly though and was refreshing especially on a really hot day.
Entertainment: We only really seen this throughout the day but have to say the team worked really hard for both kids and adults without being too pushy. I'd recommend the BBQ night, excellent food at an excellent price.
Evening: We ate out every night (apart from the BBQ night) and found some superb places such as La Bodega, Taste Of Texas. Walshies and the spice of india. We ate at La Bodega twice and Taste of Texas 3 times, these are approx a 10 to 15 min walk from the apartments and well worth a visit. Also seek out Cheeki Tiki for some great cocktails
Beaches/Calas: The apartments are situated right between two Calas - Cala Esmeralda and Cala Gran - both worthy of a few visits, the water is great and the views are lovely. Cala Esmeraldas is slightly closer to the apartments approx 5min walk with Cala Gran being approx 10min walk.
All in all we loved our holiday in Cala D'or and our stay at the apartments and will without doubt be visiting again and will be staying and the same apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cala d'Or Playa Aparthotel is in a quiet residential area in Cala d'Or. It is located between Cala Gran beach and Cala Esmeralda beach (both are around 350 metres from the Aparthotel), and is only a few minutes' walk to the central shopping area.Ideal for families with children, it has areas specially designed for kids, as well as entertainment for children and special events.The apartments are spacious, comfortable and well-equipped. You will be able to relax on your terrace or balcony overlooking the pool or the gardens, making your holiday unforgettable.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, 32 of which have been totally renewed in 2013. It has 2 blocks, with 4 and 3 floors respectively; both buildings have lifts. Surrounded by gardens, it has a large swimming-pool with a playground for children, an outdoor Jacuzzi and a water SPLASH PARK.The Aparthotel has 116 apartments, all of them are spacious, comfortable and the decoration is of Mediterranean style. All the apartments are 35 m2 with a terrace or balcony (15 m2). They are for a maximum of four people, and there is enough space to put a cot in the bedroom. Unfortunately, we do not have apartments with two bedrooms. We have 3 types of apartments, depending on the location in the complex and the booked facilities. - STANDARD APARTMENTS: One double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a bathtub, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, two electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Clear views. - PLUS APARTMENTS: High-Standard. Totally renewed at the beginning of 2013. They have one double-bedroom (two 190 cm x 90 cm beds), one fully furnished bathroom with a shower, lounge with two sofa-beds, a terrace or balcony, and a kitchenette with a fridge, 2 electric cooking rings, microwave, electric coffee-machine, kettle, toaster and basic cooking utensils. 32" Led-Tv with international channels, telephone and hair-dryer. Air Conditioning. Open views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Apartamentos Cala d'Or Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Cala d`Or Playa Hotel Cala d`Or
- Playa Apartments Cala d Or
- Playa Apartments Hotel
- Apartamentos Cala D'Or Playa Majorca