Apart from not being directly at the sea or one of the beaches, this is the best choice in cala d'or. The hotel is situated right at the edge of the bristling main center, with al it's restaurants and not more than a 10 minute walk from cala gran and cala d'or. The marina is also a 10 min walk away, allthough the route leading to it isn't very scenic. We used sa marina as a base for a walks to cala egos/des pou or cala ferrara, serena and esmeralda.
Hotel is very well maintained. we stayed in the main building (1) and had poolview. The other side of the building had a view of a parkinglot or a busy street. Same goes for complex 3: poolview or busy road. Best bet is try and stay in complex 2, where both sides have poolview. We'd send an email beforehand about our preferences and got what we asked for.
The 2-room accomodation is well stocked for an aparthotel. Airco, TV (bbc and sky among others) hairdryer and watercooker are standard, safe cost 20+ euro's a week (which I always consider a ripoff, this should be for free!). Mind yoy internet is free, but in the room it's only cabled internet (in and around the lobby there's wifi, password at the desk),
The kitchen is well stocked, the only thing missing is a microwave. Main concern for me where the hard, rather worn out beds. Linnenservice was excellent, everyday cleaning apart from saturday.
The complex, which is divided by a public walkway, consists of three buildings and has two giant outside pools (don't believe Google Maps, it's rather outdated) with what seems to me ample supply of sunbeds and parasols. At pool #2 there's a spacious bar where lunch is served and the main stage.
There is not much entertainment in the pool though, the fountains are offlimits. Water was chilly, but hey, it was may. Real gem is the heated indoorpool in building #1 with powerjets to train swimming, jacuzzi, spa and gym. Pity it closes down in may.
We didn't eat at the hotel, because all cala d'ors restaurants and supermarkets are just around the corner. We had some entertainment, but it was to cheasy for my taste. Kidsclub is 12- (but we were there out of season), and allthough the Dutch team (who know their languages very well) was enthousisatic, the club itself was unatractive, based in a cellar. There could be more playtoys for young kids, the one outside is not enough allthough there is a public playground right behind pool #2.
All in all we enjoyed our stay immensely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star resort, opened in June 2001, and because of its excellent location, facilities and careful service, make it ideal for couples and families who are looking for a special place for their holidays. At 500m from the beaches of Cala D'Or and Cala Gran and at 300m from the "Cala Llonga" marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Inturotel Sa Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inturotel Sa Marina & Es Sivinar Hotel Cala d`Or
- Inturotel Sa Marina And Es Sivinar
- Sa Marina Cala Dor
- Sa Marina Aparthotel
- Inturotel Sa Marina Cala D'Or, Majorca