Book now, pay at stay
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 152
US$ 117
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 158/night.

Hotel Sur(Cala Bona)(Great Value!)
US$ 118
US$ 100
bedfinder
  • Restaurant
SOM Llevant Suites Hotel(Cala Bona)(Great Value!)
US$ 174
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 210/night.

US$ 371
US$ 363
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Hotel Atolon(Cala Bona)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,273 results
All reviewsthomson goldsun deckgold hotelsea viewthomson repspool areasnack barevery nightsunbed situationturkish baththe sun bed situationentertainment teamsuperior roomolder generationlovely hotelplenty of choicehotel management
Reviewed 3 September 2017

We'll I don't know where to start really.... This hotel has got to be the most friendliest, helpful & comfortable place to stay& I've stayed in many hotels. The staff go out & beyond their way to make your stay the very best they can. This was our second visit as we were so impressed 2 years ago. We met our wonderful holiday pals there & went back with them this year! Our room was on the 3rd floor & we really needed to be on the first as I suffer with vertigo, I asked politely to be moved to the first & the very next day we got our room on the first floor as before & we were delighted. The pool area is great, not too busy althoughmost of the people we spoke to sitting there were from the sister hotel across the road! The food was absolutely great, good choice & plentiful. This hotel had a total refurbishment last year and has been finished to a very high standard. I would definitely highly recommend staying here, great for our age group especially, we are both 50.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room then you need to be facing the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank carolcardy
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We stayed at The Levante Hotel for a week near the end of August. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel rather than the Levante Park and La Luna (who are run by the same company as Levante.) We were told that this hotel had been refurbished in the past year however, it seemed to us that we were given a room in a room which had not been refurbished facing the road at the front of the hotel. We didn't mind as it was still nice and clean.
Breakfast is the same each morning and has lots to choose from, including eggs cooked however you like, as well as omelettes made to order, streaky and normal bacon, potato slices, beans. bread, fruit, yogurt, croissants etc. Served until 10am. Great quality food.
There is a snack bar at the hotel you can visit for lunch however we always went elsewhere.
Dinner starts at 7pm and has some things the same but most things will change each night. Our first night was Chinese themed night we also had a Spanish themed night. Each night was different, there was always meat, fish and vegetarian options available. I especially enjoyed freshly made pancakes for desert each night! The chefs and waitresses were polite.

Remember that you have to pay tax when staying in Majorca. You will have to pay this when you arrive. For a week it cost us around €23. We arrived early hours and had our passport taken off us and kept until 8am the next day. We couldn't activate our safe until 8am also. The safe cost €2 a day.

The bus stop is not too far from the hotel. Turn left out of the hotel and take the next right. Then right again and bus stops both ways are there. The city bus and buses to the caves and Porto Christo cos €1.85 each. Most buses will go to Cala Millor but it is a walkable distance from the hotel. Sa Coma is the next resort after Cala Millor which has a lovely beach.

Friday market at Son Severa was nice to walk around, there is a busier market on Saturdays at Cala Ratjada. It costs €22 to get the glass bottom boat there and back and the buses can get really busy, one drove past us as it was too full. We waited around for buses a few times in the heat.

The Drach caves are a must to be seen at Porto Christo. Stay on the bus past Porto Christo centre and it will take you up the hill to the caves. Get there early to buy tickets. We arrived about 11:50am and the next available tickets to buy we at 2pm.
We then had time to walk down into Porto Christo and explore before returning to the caves with where amazing!

We visited Palma on a Thomson excursion which cost €42 each. It was worth it as it only took an hour to get there and we had our Cathedral entrance paid for and had a tour guide who accompanied us on the bus. We had 4-5 hours free time. There was so much to see. We had the option to return to the coach earlier which we did, and we were driven around the stretch of marina which was a beautiful view. You can get a public bus there for €18 single each. We were told it can take a while getting there too so it probably works out cheaper to pay for the trip if you want to see the Cathedral too.

There is a variety of entertainment at the hotel. Each night they have a couple singing to begin with early on and then have a different act later on each night. The best night was comedy night which was comedian Bobby Davro and a comedian impressionist from Britains Got Talent final. It was a great night. I would recommend visiting Hotel Cala Bona on the Harbor too as this hotel has entertainment each night too and is lovely sitting out there. The Thomson entertainment team hold boules on the beach, pool activities and a quiz around the pool at 4pm.

When checking out, you have to leave the room by 12 midday however you can pay €25 to keep your room until 6pm. This was extremely inconvenient for us as our transfer wasn't until 11:50pm. This cut our day short as we had to get back in time to get ready for dinner and pack our bags. We had paid for 7 nights and it worked out in actual fact we only had 6 there for this reason. I think this rule should be reconsidered.
I really enjoyed the food and location of this hotel. I will definitely visit the resort again.

Room Tip: Make sure you are in the newly refurbished section
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
11  Thank AmeliaM-95
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel via Thomson holidays in January and to my horror was sent around the corner to a "bedroom annex" which was a really horrible block of apartments. £1900 for two adults for a week, all the advertising online was for the good bit but we got shoved in some right naff neighbouring block the hotel has acquired. Should not be sold on the same holiday as they claim this hotel is Thomson gold but the accommodation around the corner is actually LaLuna and only a 2* at best...have seen the rep here who is tired of dealing with this and fingers crossed we get moved to a proper hotel tomorrow morning, we were queuing up to to see the reps to get out of there! My advise would be book somewhere else. Hotel reception staff were a bit hostile upon arrival as they anticipate the flack they actually know is coming. Very poor.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank chelley1
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at lavante for 10days. On arrival after booking in feb was given an old room looking at spar. Went to see gentleman on reception to ask for a room change and was very rudely told no more rooms! Spoke to the lovely rep kirsty who then spoke to the rude man on reception who said he would change our room the next day. The following day he gave us a room on the same corridor which was also an unfurbished room so please be aware that only 75% of this hotel has been refurbished. I did not accept the room and was told maybe tomorrow you get a new room. I walked away to take a moment before i lost my patience for the receptionist to bring me another key to a new room!!
Thr staff are great as are the reps but the entertaient is pretty shocking and the hotel has the reps doing a couple of nights a week singing.
Breakfast is great but dinner is much of a muchness! Nothing exciting on the menu and you can not order a short alcholic drink only beer and wine or soft drinks!!!!
The majority of the guests are people who go year after year after year so they know no different but as an adult only hotel visitor this for me was one of the worst i have been to and would say 4 star yes gold no!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Allison D
Reviewed 30 August 2017

My family and I booked this hotel and from Thomson's website it looked great. I'd just like to say that I had a great holiday but that wasn't greatly due to the hotel. It started off with a 2 and a half hour transfer from the airport when we were advised it would take at least an hour. We were one of the last stops despite finding out that those staying in Thomson Gold hotels would be one of the first drop offs. The hotel itself was lovely. Furnished well and very clean. However, ensure that if you book a double room without a sea view you will have the joys of music from the British bar across the way. This stops at midnight however we weren't comfortable sitting on the balcony because everybody could see you. This was our choice as we didn't pay to upgrade to a sea view. However, when asking to upgrade there and then the hotel staff (who were unhelpful) said they couldn't and it was down to Thomson. Another thing you should know is that men must wear long trousers at night for dinner. This was not on the website at the time of booking and we only found out through a scrappy piece of paper in the lift. When asking about the situation, the gentleman at the front desk was highly unhelpful and said we wouldn't be allowed into dinner and we had to buy some. The thing I find amazing is that at dinner, women would be there in the tiniest of dresses and shorts yet my boyfriend and brother were not allowed into dinner with knee length smart chino shorts - beyond me! This is something that needs looking at because the restaurant was stuffy and all the men, after eating, would change into shorts. The food however was fantastic. Such a selection, freshly cooked and ever so tasty.
It's interesting to see how Thomson have changed details of the hotel recently as at the time of booking there was apparently a 'private beach' - little did we know we had to pay 4 euros per sunbed and 4 euros per umbrella. Sometimes you had no option because of the lack of sunbeds by the swimming pool. This was by the far the most ridiculous thing in the world. People were setting their alarms and heading down to the pool to save sunbeds at 3:30am! I don't even get up for work that time. This isn't going to be solved as everyone does it, however the management need to look at a solution whereby if the saved sunbeds are not being used by those who saved them by say 10 o'clock they need to remove them. There were some people, myself included, who didn't have any sunbeds and therefore ended up spending more money on this so- called private beach.
Overall, my family and I had a lovely holiday. The weather was great, company was even better but I wouldn't rush back to this hotel.
I have never written a review before but felt like this needed to be said.

Room Tip: Sea view room that actually looks out to see and not that looks out on the courtyard where the evening entertainment is.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family