The Platja Daurada is a very good hotel well situated at the north end of Can Picafort. It is easy to find from the motorway from Palma, via San Pablo and Muro.
The hotel is large and well appointed. The 4* rating is probably about right for a mediterranean hotel. In other parts of the world it would be 3*. Having said that it is by no means uncomfortable and is very clean and well maintained.
We were in a basic room with a side/sea view. From the layout I would say the sea views would be spectacular. The room was small, but not tiny, comfortable, if a bit basic, but by no means lacking in facilities.
The hotel in general had all the facilities that would be expected and, for the most part, the staff were very friendly and helpful. There is not much parking space at the hotel itself but plenty in the surrounding streets.
The food was excellent and do not listen to anyone who said they could not find anything to eat at the buffet style breakfasts and evening meals. The food was plentiful and varied and of a quality that would shame some 5* establishments. There is a sign in the restaurant that confirms that the end time for the evening meal is not a time to vacate the restuarant. This is not reflected in the attitude of the staff in the dining room. Buffet was cleared at 21:00 Hrs on the dot . The staff made it clear that if you sat on you were interfering with their efforts in setting out breakfast. It was an irratation, but this has to be balanced against the feelings of those who work long hours for low wages.
Evening entertainment was a bit hit and miss and was not always as advertised on the daily noticeboard. I suspect that in the summer season it would be a bit more reliable.
There is no doubt that the hotel is predominantly frequented by German guests. The week we were there we appeared to be the only English speakers in the hotel. This was by no means a problem as we were with friends. However, if making new friends is part of your holiday then you will have to allow for the language issues.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Not at the luxury end of the market but by no means disappointing. Great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The aparthotel Platja Daurada is situated in the centre of the Bay of Alcúdia, next to the extensive beach of Ca’n Picafort. It is poplar with its visitors of different nationalities, many of whom return year after year to enjoy marvellous holidays. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eix Platja Daurada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Platja Daurada Hotel
- Platja Daurada Ca n Picafort
- Eix Platja Daurada Ca'n Picafort, Majorca