See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 November 2016

I stayed here for 2 nights during a trip across the region and the hotel was a good base to explore Ubeda. Located in a square just off the main square of the old town, this boutique, privately run hotel is in an old building overlooking the town hall. Its also at the end of the main street of the old town and therefore perfectly located for a number of excellent tapas restaurants.

My room was clean and comfortable, with a stunning view of the square and staff on reception were friendly. WiFi is apparently only located in the lobby, but as my room was directly above reception, I had a good signal.

There was a problem on my second night when someone tried to enter my room in the early hours. The door was safely locked and well secured so there was no way to gain entry and it was (I believe) another guest, who mistook my floor for theirs when returning somewhat worse for wear. Our limited ability to converse in each others language meant it was impossible for me to convey this incident to the lady on the front desk that morning and I left feeling this issue was unresolved.

Overall however the hotel is quaint and attractive and perfectly located - although as other reviewers have suggested, better signage would help as I got horribly lost on my walk from the bus station!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the square for the best view.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Lucy M
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

We decided to stay here rather than the over priced Parador and decided we had made a great choice. The hotel was comfortable, clean and traditional. It had a lovely atrium and was classically laid out. The location was perfectly central in the old town.
It was a little noisy at night with the street cleaners washing down the plaza outside.
Car parking was not the issue that I thought it might be, I left the car at a free car park 5 minutes walk away after dropping off our luggage.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2016

We were here for our honeymoon, and unfortunately we ended up with a room with two twin beds, and could not get them changed. Bevery awarewhen you book a double, its very confusing. The room was very small. The restaurant was closed the whole time we were there, so we didnt get to try it out. Wifi barely worked, at all. Zero in the room, and you have to be sitting in exactly the right chair in the lobby. Be forewarned, you will get a room key, a pass code to the outer door, then a passcode to the foyer door. If you forget any of these thingsand havent made it back by 11p.m., you are in trouble as reception is closed, and there is no one around. Fortunately, the fellow that owns the cafe directly across the way was still closing up past midnight, and had the codes and was nice enough to let us in. It was fairly clean,and the concierge Juan (think Spanish BobNewhart) was very sweet.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 7 May 2016

I've been to Ubeda a couple of times. The first time was on a day trip coming from Baeza. This time my wife and I came from La Calahorra, around Guadix and up the A-401 road. This road is worth taking a detour for because the road and scenery are stunning. There is a lot less traffic and when you arrive in Ubeda from this direction you can find free street parking and a five minute walk to the historic center.

Well, it didn't take long for my wife and I to decide we wanted to stay the night in Ubeda this time. We tried a couple of places but Maria de Molina was our favourite choice and they had a room. What a room it was too. The hotel is a former sixteenth century palace and enjoys a sumptuous open courtyard with tall marble pillars upon entry. Our room was on the second floor with a spectacular view of the Plaza de Ayuntamiento. The room is spacious and the bathroom is fine too.

The hotel has a large restaurant should you decide to dine there. It was a little too formal for our taste and we decided to eat elsewhere so I can't comment about the quality. l should say, however, the menu looked good and they offer a tempting menu del dia. The reception was extremely friendly and helpful and I think the hotel offers very good value for money.

So, to sum up, this hotel provided exceptional value for money and friendly service. What more do you want? Use your brains. If you come in the high season then there will be noise in the plaza but that adds to the atmosphere. If you want perfect wi-fi connectivity go somewhere else, but my advice would be to turn the damn gizmos off and appreciate Ubeda in the freedom we used to enjoy before we became robotic slaves to social media.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WelshToro
Reviewed 20 September 2015

An old palacio converted to a hotel. Great location; you can walk everywhere. Ùbeda was one of our favorite cities in Spain. Everything at the hotel is clean and comfortable but they would do much better, and could raise rates, if they did some renovation. Wonderful views from a the rooms.

Internet is only available in the lobby. Why? I have no clue but with travelers wanting to stay connected it is an inconvenience. If you don't care about that, it is a fine place to stay.

There are plenty of directional signs for the hotel as you enter Ùbeda but the hotel is still hard to find; the directional signs end about three blocks from the hotel, just as you enter the typical maze of one-way streets that make up Spanish old cities.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple