All reviews spanish building side street the owner yogurt first floor free parking old town pepe calle chapel museum hairdryer history furniture patio character antiques
Reviewed 18 November 2017

The first impression of this hotel, which is really a 3 room B&B, is that it is a charming old Spanish building, which is true. The three guest rooms are downstairs, and upstairs is reserved for the owners. You enter through the courtyard, which doesn't really have a place to sit. The room itself was pretty musty. It didn't seem like anything had changed in 100 years, with an uncomfortable sofa and faded pictures. There was a safe but not a refrigerator. Our host Pepe was very helpful and directed us to a lot where we could park for free. The bathroom was old fashioned, with a makeshift shower in the tub. Soap was provided only in tiny plastic squeeze tubes ( I hate it when they don't provide real soap in bars). The breakfast, which is not served until 8:30, was very disappointing, with an unattractive selection of bread and pastries. All things considered, we would not choose to stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pepe S, Propietario at Hotel Ordonez Sandoval, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear guest, I am surprised by your review, of course I consider that your description and concept of my hotel has nothing to do with reality and I think you have not appreciated the type of accommodation that my hotel is. It surprises me that you did not see the patio seats because they are very visible, nor the furniture restored. The bathrooms are totally new with bath and shower imitating the traditional and old Spanish style, in the same way I remind you that the rooms have refrigerators, air conditioning and heating and regarding our breakfast I inform you that it is made of products of the highest quality. I sincerely regret that you will not enjoy your stay in my house, anyway I thank you for your review because I learn from all those that I receive from my clients, positive and negative reviews.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel, although it's more accurately a B&B. We were warmly greeted by Pepe and were awed by the beautiful tiles in the foyer and how well he has preserved this historic home. Our bedroom was extremely large with windows looking out over a side street-- there was some street noise, but the room has A/C which worked well to cool the room and provide white noise. The bath was up 6 steps from the bedroom but was not a problem at all.

The breakfast is served in a large dining room on the first floor. The selection is fine, including yogurt, several cereals, toast, pastries and delicious freshly-squeezed orange juice. I am a tea drinker, but my husband was disappointed that the coffee is served 1970 style-- a carafe sitting on a burner whereas in most establishments, it is common to have a cup of freshly made coffee or espresso.

The location is excellent. Parking in the small public lot up the street is a bit of a challenge-- you really need a very small car! The B&B is conveniently close to all restaurants and major sights but also close to the outer road for taking day trips.

We would definitely recommend staying in this lovely B&B. Pepe is a very helpful and gracious host!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, it has been a pleasuro to have you hosted in my hotel.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

This is a hotel of real character, so if you like bland chains then it's not for you. The host was extremely friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was spacious (twin sinks!) and well stocked with toiletries and a hairdryer. The air conditioning and wifi worked efficiently. Breakfast was taken upstairs in a beautiful room in the owner's private apartment and offered a good variety of choices. The hotel was a short walk from a number of reasonably priced and good quality local bars and restaurants and there was a really good atmosphere in the evening (our stay encompassed a Friday evening). We parked our car round the corner in a free parking area and it was quite safe.

Date of stay: July 2017
2  Thank Diane G
Pepe S, Propietario at Hotel Ordonez Sandoval, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for your review, I am glad to know your stay has been a pleasure for you. Thanks again for choosing our hotel to visit Úbeda.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We arrived in Ubeda for a 2 night stay. The owner of this ancient palace welcome us and gave us full info about the city, visits, precious suggestions. Than we arrived in our room (one of only three in the palace), door just opend on the fresh patio: it is like jumping into history: the room was used from his family as summer dining room, I suppose around '30 and '40 of last century. His own uncle was the major of Ubeda. Piece of furniture comes from last century and more, and our room had windows on another small patio with trees and singing birds that relaxed us a lot. The bathroom is a real big, confortable bathroom, with all you really need, included bidet, which usually you never find around Europe...perfect. Breakfast: on the first floor of the palace, from a sumptuous staircase, you arrive in this spacious lunchroom, view on the street, buffet breakfast with savoury and sweet choices. All you need to have an healty start of the day, including excellent olive oil and tomato to prepare a typical "tostada". Following the owner suggestion gave us very interesting taste of the city and surrounding area. But 1 day and half to visit (including near city of Baeza) is not wnough: I recomend at least 2 days, to visit also churches and museums. Will come back for sure.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Pepe S, Propietario at Hotel Ordonez Sandoval, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you very much for your review.I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay in my hotel so much. It has been a pleasure to have you hosted at home.I hope see you again

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Right in the centre of Ubeda. Lovely old house full of charm and character. Would definitely recommend a stay here and would stay again if we were in the area. The owner was lovely and very helpful nothing was too much trouble.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pepe S, Propietario at Hotel Ordonez Sandoval, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Thank you for your review. It has been a pleasure to have you hosted in my hotel. I hope see you again.