We stayed as a family of 4 (three young adults) at Miraflores on a time-share exchange. Our apartment was clean and well situated for our trips up and down the coast. While accommodation was spacious, we would have liked 2 bathrooms. Our circular block also had its own swimming pool and a security gate to keep out unwanted visitors. We were not happy to pay extra for the fitted safety box. The apartment had good security i.e. an alarm was fitted.
(Living in South Africa we are used to this level of security).Shortly before we checked in, we were told there had been luggage stolen out of a car in broad daylight. Although we didn't see any suspicious characters hanging around, there is obviously a crime problem in the area.
Operating the washing machine in the unit had us stumped, despite asking housekeeping for assistance, so further washing was done by hand. Miraflores is close to the supermarket, shops, restaurants and the mall at Fuengirola (good shopping venue).World famous Marbella was a short drive away, but far too congested for our liking.The beaches at the Costa del Sol are nothing remarkable as S A has much nicer ones, but this was not the true purpose of our holiday. Nerja had a good beach and was a really pretty town to visit.Trips to nearby Ronda, Granada (The magnificent Alhambra) and Malaga as well as Mijas were most enjoyable although the smell of donkeys in Mijas was a bit overwhelming at times and clung most stubbornly to a leather bag I bought there! None the less, we had a wonderful holiday at Miraflores and the extra night we stayed was reasonably priced and easily arranged. Resort staff were mostly helpful and spoke English. Our car hire from Auto-Rent Miraflores was a pleasure and the staff were most helpful. I also think it was very affordable. Despite minor irritations, I would return to this area and recommend Miraflores as a well situated and convenient resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miraflores is a vacation resort built in an Andalusian "pueblo" style with small groups of apartments and villas no more than 2 or 3 stories high. All apartments have beautiful views of the sea, the mountains, or the golf course, or a combination of all three, surrounded by sumptuous gardens with palm trees, flowers and tropical plants, all competing with each other in their beauty. You will be greeted by the Reception staff upon arrival and you will receive all the information needed during your stay. The Club House where the reception is situated includes a marvelous restaurant where you will be able to enjoy a breakfast, lunch or a gastronomic dinner and live entertainment surrounded by the exquisite gardens and water cascades. The resort includes a Sports Centre with newly built clay tennis courts, an 18 hole Golf Course and a number of services at your disposal. The number of Gardens, and their lushness create this very special atmosphere of privacy, an impression which is further reinforced by the presence of private swimming pools for each little group of apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Miraflores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraflores Vacation Club Hotel Mijas
- Miraflores Resort Mijas, Costa Del Sol, Spain