“A memorable lunch in a great location”
Review of Casa Machado

Casa Machado
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 47
Description: Casa Machado, and a very typical tavern in the heart of Afurada the mouth of the Douro river, with a decoration on the fishing that takes us to the time of ancient taverns. Our list is short but of great quality and all products are carefully selected. we can highlight the lulinhas, the woodpecker and fried cod faces, among others. Here you can also find a compilation album of photographs about the history of the Oport city and surrounding areas.
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

My son and I arrived for a 14.00 lunchtime in awful wet weather, but left feeling full, happy and very impressed. The lady who looked after us had good enough English to help us decide; the soup was fabulous, and my bacalao in a crispy coating was excellent; my son trued “bunny bumps” a pork dish of large portion which he said was very moist and succulent.
Bread choice superb, nice vinho verde, salmon pate and olives sides.
Superb value, nice people, and probably one of the best locations when the weather is dry! Very family feel.
We would recommend you take the little ferry when it runs (was temporarily out of action), as it is just outside.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

Very delicious sea food dishes..I must come back next time i visit Porto...
Me and my friends indulged... Thank you

Reviewed 30 December 2017

I ran into this place after a long and rainy walk along the coastline and had the plate of the day which was delicious! I loved the atmosphere immediately and the food and wine did not disappoint. My waitress was very friendly and I left feeling very happy and eager to write this good review. I will recommend this place to my friends when they visit Porto.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

My group of four friends were seated easily without a booking. We had an attentive waiter who spoke English. He was friendly and his recommendations for food were great! The mixed fish platter was so delicious! It's enough for more than 2 people! My husband who doesn't normally eat fish even liked it! The food was plentiful, fresh and delicious! 4 people for approx £50 is pretty good in my opinion, especially as it included a bottle of wine for that price! It's not in the busy tourist area, but uber was cheap to use to get there.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Great food! Amazing staff! I will return every time i came to Portugal! Very nice place, good prices for great food