“Not bad for the price you pay”

Hotel Ibis Budget Vila Nova De Gaia
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Vila Nova de Gaia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 October 2017

My main concern about the hotel was the distance to the City centre but I needn't have worried - it's fairly close and a bus can take you to Casa da Música in a round 10 minutes. Locating the correct bus stop can be a bit difficult so make sure you ask directions from the hotel staff or a local.

From Casa da Música you can take a short tube to Trindade which is in the centre of town.

Taxis from the city centre to the hotel are less than 10 euros so if you only use them to get home once you'll save lots of money staying here than paying for a more expensive hotel in the city centre.

It's clean, comfortable and the staff are very friendly (like most people in Portugal). My only gripe was being put in a disabled-access room where the shower only reached my stomach.

All in all a great hotel in a lovely city for a great price - what's not to like? We'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Sérgio B, Gerente geral at Hotel Ibis Budget Vila Nova De Gaia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

S. Bastos

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

After the rebuild done in the hotel, it became really nice and comfortable to stay at.
Even though the hotel is still a traveler style hotel the beds are really comfortable and the room is nice and cozy.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DanielJhQz
Management response:Responded 22 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind coments regarding to your stay in Hotel Ibis Budget Porto Gaia. I'm delighted that you have enjoy your stay and I'll share with my team. We work in order to get your satisfaction. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

What you'd expect from a budget hotel. Small room with shower and basin, toilet separate right next to the entrance of the room. The bed was comfortable enough to sleep in for a night. We didn't have breakfast in the morning so can't really comment on that. The internet had good speed, the tv channel selection was good too. It cost 47 euros for a night (July 2017) breakfast would cost an extra 3.60 euros per person. It's close enough to downtown Porto (about 15 minutes) so staying here and driving to the city will cost you less.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

1 or 2 nights... u do not want to stay complete week like I did
Breakfast highly limited choice 1 fresh fruit... soft bread when it should be hard thanks to unfreezing coffee​ UNDRINKABLE
Room shower in the room no space to leave toilet article shower good space inside except that if someone flush the toilets or use sink in other bedroom you burn or u freeze. Towels like big kitchen towel _ not thick not smooth. Sink exactly opposite to the windows giving on other hotel meaning unless u do not care anyone see u nude u cannot dry or get out shower and station there... and finally the bed. After 4 nights I have a broken back..
And icing on the cake even if u re gold guest for Accor hotels u are not entitled to ANY special treatment.
My advice ok for short touristic visit if u need a bed.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Pascale R
Management response:Responded 14 July 2017

Gear Mr. Pascale,

Thank you for your comments and I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your stay in Hotel Ibis Budget Porto Gaia .Our goal is to get your satisfaction in our services. In order to get that, I'll all the measures in order to improve our services.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We had a nice stay with our dog in this hotel. Our car was overnight on the parking lot and was safe as well. We only stayed for one night, but the hotel was close enough for us to go out (by car) to the city center, have a walk through the old town and dine near the water front. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Management response:Responded 27 June 2017

4.2 km away
Star Inn Porto
Star Inn Porto
#49 of 109 in Porto

Been to Hotel Ibis Budget Vila Nova De Gaia? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK