US$ 77
Vila Gama(Machico)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsexpress busclose to the airportminutes from the airportstayed all inclusiveparrot showoverlooking the bayentertainment every nightvery clean hotelbit datedfunchal airporteuros per personwi fitea and coffee making facilitiesbars and restaurantshired a carmadeira winegreat holiday
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We had a great holiday in the Dom Pedro Madeira just 5 mins from airport great location lovely village lots of bars .We stayed fully inclusive the food was good not a lot of choice but what there was was nice lots of salads & fruit the wine in lunch & dinner was lovely you had a Large jug . The rooms are OK bit dated great views no balcony

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gill c
Reviewed 1 November 2017

The hotel is good situated, 5 km from airport, there is a free parking, the personal is very freindly and helpfull, the englisch breakfast was every day the same and the dinner was various, every day different meet, fish and fowl, the hotel is the perfect startpoint for cartours and sightseeing tours, 1-2 hours to any place by the car, the pool was with seawater

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 245pavelh
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I have returned from a lovely week at the Dom Pedro and am missing this hotel and it’s wonderful staff already.

I was a little apprehensive about some of the negatives I read in other reviews, but I went into the holiday with an open mind; it was my first holiday for myself and my husband with our baby daughter, so a very different kind of holiday for us.

Our room was clean, well furnished and most importantly, we had been upgraded to a club room with a sea view. Our room had a small balcony and the view was breathtaking. Things like not having tea and coffee facilities in the room don’t bother me, I seem to have read millions of reviews from people who view this as a deal breaker. I don’t go on holiday to drink coffee in my room! Admittedly, we might not have been as impressed with one of the higher up rooms without this view and without balcony, but our experience was fantastic.

The hotel does have a lot of stairs and steps, but again that didn’t bother us as we were on the first floor, and having to get a pram up and down the occasional set of steps wasn’t a big deal to us. The hotel looks pretty unattractive from the outside, we wondered why they couldn’t paint it white to at least try and blend in more with the surrounding buildings? But I really liked the inside and the décor. The lobby was a nice place to sit and chill with a drink. The piano bar was nice enough and had a lovely seating area outside. The pool bar was decent and the pool area lovely.

The pool however was freezing!! I’ll agree with a previous reviewer – it was certainly not heated to 23 degrees! We didn’t ;et this stop us, and even took our 13 month old baby in for a few dips. But while she didn’t cry, she certainly wasn’t as happy and as confident in that pool as she is in our local pool at home where she has her swimming lessons.

As we were all inclusive the food was one of the things I worried most about after reading some reviews. But I needn’t have worried. Breakfast was always excellent. Lunch was probably the weakest meal of the day, and the hotel should maybe look at getting a bigger selection of salads. Dinner was just ok a couple of nights, pretty good one or two nights and almost excellent a night or two. I’m not a fussy eater but I do like nice food and whilst there wasn’t the massive selection that you can get at the big all inclusive resorts in places like the Caribbean, there was always a choice of veg which varied each night, always salads, always a couple of choices of pasta/rice/potatoes and a couple of different meat choices. While the hotel isn’t a massive one that has a fresh pasta station or carved meats station etc like some all inclusives, I did appreciate that the chefs obviously tried to present a varied and tasty selection each night.

The hotel restaurant also had some of the best staff I’ve encountered anywhere. They gave my little girl so much attention and were so friendly and welcoming every mealtime. If the manager reads these reviews I’d like to thank all of your waiting staff in the restaurant as they really made our holiday special. I’ve read reviews about the staff being unfriendly here; this is not the case. From checking in, to every meal we had the staff were amazing.

Final point, the food was ok and the staff were great at meals, but I’d definitely advise the hotel to get more and better high chairs for babies. There are only 3 in the whole restaurant, so I don’t know what they do in high season if they have more than 3 babies? And only one has straps. Our daughter is at the age where she just wanted to be out of the chair, so on the couple of occasions that chair was taken we had a pretty difficult time.

Machico is a quiet but lovely town. Great bars and restaurants surrounding the hotel, lovely promenade and beautiful views all around.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank SuzB1982
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is near the beach. There is a nice swimmingpooland not too crowdy. The breakfast is good, al facilities are available. Machico is a nice town. The airport is at 5 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frankmI7753JF
Reviewed 22 October 2017

I like hotels location, size of room, beautiful view from our room (garden and ocean), but one thing is really bad: the room are without wi-fi and this is not good, because right now I know that next time I wouldnt choose your hotel - service was good but missing wi-fi,cmon its 21 century

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends