“Gotta be the best Gyros in Norfolk!!”

Istanbul Gyro & Kebab
Ranked #97 of 847 Restaurants in Norfolk
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Description: Turkish and Greek food, Mediterranean cuisine
Description: Turkish and Greek food, Mediterranean cuisine
Reviewed 11 March 2017

I eat here every weekend .... I never tire of the flavorful food choices, & it reminds me of the time I spent in Turkey. This is the real deal!! Haven't had a bad meal ever!!

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

The food is really good with decent prices. The thing that I didn't like about this place was the cashier tried to over charge me, then when I confronted him about it he blamed it on being tired and saying they've been busy all day. My family and I were sitting close to the register and I paid no attention at first but there was this one party who left their table at separate times and offered to pay their own portion of the check, the first guy was charged around 20 dollars, so was the second. Finally the last person got up to pay her side of the check, her charge was 49 dollars or something like that, she asked if the other two had paid and the cashier said no.(Again i wasnt really paying to much attention at the time or i would of let her know they did pay)So when I was going to pay he said my bill was 49 dollars, simple calculations for my actual order should of been 32 dollars plus tax. So I'm not sure if this is some sort of scam they as a whole are doing or the cashier is doing it behind their back. Either way something is not right. So If you decide to dine here make sure you know how much you should be paying.

Thank Nate1D .
Reviewed 6 August 2016

Don't let the outside looks fool you. It may seem like a hole in the wall place, but I've had several great meals here. The kebabs are off the chain! Great prices for the amount of food, and top notch service.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

This restaurant may serve one of the best gyros in town. Off-street parking. This is a small family restaurant which I think seats about 40 people. No alcohol. Excellent for lunch and late lunch but closes early so it's not really a dinner spot.

Reviewed 29 October 2015

Visiting folks in town & read a few reviews that convinced us to give Istanbul a try. The restaurant had designated parking in a fairly busy part of town. Ordered the mixed plate appetizers & lamb kabobs. We had opportunity to visit Istanbul Turkey and over the years several Mediterranean themed restaurants. Food was very reminiscent of these other eating experiences. Very good eats & would recommend to others.