All reviews naval base relaxing vacation military families free continental breakfast boiled eggs yogurt check in was easy working order every morning clean rooms mini fridge nex kitchenette navy housing pillows sink
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

My husband & I stayed on a Saturday & Sunday night. We paid $70/night for a single queen. Because it's military, this was the final price (no taxes/fees). The BW down the street wanted $98/night for the same. The customer service was excellent, they made us feel very welcomed. The room was spotless, came with a kitchen in the room (fridge/sink/microwave) which inclued plates/cups, & a huge walk in shower (large, clean bathroom). The room also came stocked with all toiletries. There is a small store downstairs for any needs/snacks. The continental breakfast was fantastic. Everything from yogurt to eggs to waffles. It was very filling. We would absolutely stay again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Normally I am impressed with NL. Not this one. Building is old and not well maintained. My room smelled like a combo of mildew, animal urine and human sweat. Light bulbs were out. Shower faucet randomly fixed while I was trying to prep for work. Laundry facilities didn't work. Detergent machines were empty and the alternative to spend $5 for detergent from the NEX in the building for a single load seemed ridiculous. Breakfast was a waffle machine and hardboiled eggs, pastries, bagels. I saw some canned fruit one morning. Don't expect anything hot or fresh -- unless you eat a waffle. Get to breakfast early if you want to sit because there are insufficient tables/chairs when pretty much everyone is on the same schedule. If you have a certificate of non-avail from NGIS -- stay somewhere else.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank JAG2021
Pamela K, General Manager at Navy Lodge Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay. We apologize that we fell short on your expectations. We only wish that you would have brought your concerns to our attention immediately so that we could have acted accordingly. Your feedback is helpful to us in identifying areas that we can improve upon and we THANK YOU for your patronage.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

This is a great option if you have Navy friends or family in the area (your navy person will have to sign you in). It's not as plush and updated as some hotels, but it is clean, comfortable, and in very good order. The staff is very friendly and professional.

Some units have a small equipped kitchen, so you can eat in and same some money if you want. There is a very nice buffet breakfast with quite a few choices.

The price is very attractive as well. They offer quite a lot of value for the money.

Room Tip: If you are not US military or a dependent, your Navy family member will need to sign you in.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2016 via mobile

If you have pets like large dogs and cats etc this is the best option for looking at a more permanent place to stay. Transferred into area and ended up in housing. Staff for cleaning was great cause they worked with you on the pets issue. Room is large. Kitchen allowed for saving some money by shopping at commissary. Price was great concerning pets.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Pamela K, Manager at Navy Lodge Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Thank you for your comment! We believe four legged family members should be comfortable too. Welcome to Hampton Roads!

Reviewed 23 September 2016

I checked in on the 15th of September and paid for the room completely at that time for three nights. At that same time there was a hold placed on my credit card for $152.00 that I was not made aware of. Now here it is 5 days after I checked out and speaking to the staff twice about my release of my deposit and still I have not received my money. I'm just hoping that they don't think that I brought those roaches into room 1104 and cracked the sink and toilet bowl which were already there when I arrived. At first I thought it was a piece of my long hair on the sink basin and toilet but when I tried to wipe it out and it didn't move then I realized it was a crack in both fixtures. It wouldn't be so bad I guess if my carrier didn't loose my luggage but this just made things worse.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family