“Excellent choice for our quick stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Stafford, Virginia
“Excellent choice for our quick stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stayed here for one night on March 17th. We were in town for the Shamrock Half Marathon. I reserved the room online. The site was clear and easy to navigate. I paid in full up front, so nothing additional was needed at check-in. The staff member that checked us in was friendly and wished me luck when she found out why we were in town. I traveled with my husband and son, and we had reserved a double-queen room.

I was surprised at the room based on the rate ($89/night). I expected something compact and simple. Instead, when we opened the door, we immediately walked into a wide open living space. There was a large TV, couch and love seat, and small kitchen area with a sink, fridge, and cabinets. There was a double-wide closet with full length mirrors.

The bedroom area had it's own door for privacy. That space was as large as the living room and also contained a TV and large wall mirror. Tons of lighting as well. Between the living room and bedroom was a great bathroom. Full length counter and mirrors and shower/tub combo. Not cramped at all. Two people could comfortable change clothes and get ready in there if needed. Everything was immaculately clean.

Check out was a breeze. Because of the race, we were leaving before 5AM. The front desk was staffed and pulled up our info right away. We were even offered complimentary coffee and juice before we left. It was too early for the regular breakfast to be out.

Bottom line: cost effective, spacious and clean rooms, friendly staff. It was perfect for our overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Monica K
HIExpressNorfolk, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk International Airport, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
Thank you for your all your compliments, Monica. We are glad to have been able to provide you with a comfortable stay before your half marathon. We strive to not only provide our guests with a great value, but highest level of accommodation for guests on the go. As a suite hotel, we try to give you a home-away-from-home feel no matter how long you stay with us. We hope you choose us again the next time something brings you our area.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Lincoln, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I travel for business a great deal and have stayed in several hotels in this area for extended periods of time. The hotel was recommended to me by a friend and it has become my favorite place to stay in the Norfolk area. It is convient to resturants and shopping and easy to get to the places that I work, on a daily basis. The staff goes out of their way to accomadate the guest and the housekeeping has always done a wonderful job. I have stayed in this hotel for nearly 60 days in the last 4 months and the service has been consistant.

Room Tip: Take a room on the side away from Military highway to stay away from traffic noise
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Travis D
Mr. Travis, we are glad to be your home away from home when you are in Hampton Roads. We do our best to offer outstanding service to our extended stay guests. One of our best features, in many people’s opinions, is our proximity to multiple fast food and casual dining restaurants, a café, drug store, and grocer. This can really be great for guests that are on the road a lot. We thank you for the
compliments, and invite you back the next time you end up in Norfolk.
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

By far the best service I've had since being on the road. I travel the country for work, stay in hotel after hotel, after hotel. I've stayed anywhere from the Holiday Inn Express's, to the Hampton's, to the Red Roof's, and everything in between. I've never had a more attentive person working the service desk, ever. The room was great, the only thing I'm picky about are my beds, and this place had as comfortable a bed as you'll find anywhere (back home I have a pillow top memory foam mattress, trust me, I know beds). The spacious living room area with the extra flat screen tv was pure bonus! My only knock, I was only in town for one night... Wish I could of stayed a week or longer. Thank you HIE - Norfolk. Hope to see you soon!

Room Tip: I would imagine any, personally I stayed on the 5th floor, there were two queens and a pull out matt...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul S
Paul, we are happy to have given you a great experience the night you were in Norfolk. Here at Holiday Inn Express Norfolk Airport, we really to try to stand out from the competition, and as a result we have many returning guests. As a newer hotel, we hope to really impress our guests with our beds and furnishings. We are glad to hear that you would like to stay with us more than one night – many of our guests do! We hope to have you back the next time you are in town.
Cumberland Center, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

The rooms actual suites with an actual bed room - closed by a door! Everything is clean and new, but what shines even more is the staff.

Not only will they pick you up (and bring you to) the airport, but this past trip they even brought me to Church (Ash Wednesday). In addition, they watched my luggage as I met with a customer in the spacious lobby.

Ask the front desk for delivery recomendations, and you can be assured of a good meal and get to work right away. When I travel, I have a lot to deal with, and these folks take care of things so I can focus on business. I will stay here every time I am in the area from now on.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank George0717
George, we really hope we made your trip to Norfolk for business an enjoyable one. We really try to take the stress out of traveling and being in an unfamiliar area, and we are glad that you were thoroughly pleased with your stay here. We offer our shuttle services to our guests to and from Norfolk International Airport and on occasion to destinations within a three mile radius. The great thing is that you can find anything you might want close to our hotel. We hope to have you back with us soon.
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

From the evening clerk, housekeeping,breakfast and check out it was all wonderful. definitely a must stay and for those that need to get back to the airport professional shuttle service.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Mayra J
We try to provide truly outstanding service to our guests, from our check-in until we drop you off for your flight at the airport. Among hotels near the airport, we try to really stand out from our
competition, and we hope that you choose us again the next time that you are in the area.