All reviews tuna angelo economou director of catering norfolk downtown an older hotel family reunion enjoyed my stay front desk staff geneva ballroom
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Yuck. Went to check-in early since we had tickets for naval tour. The men's bathroom was gross, smelly with toilet paper on the floor at 9am. Having to ask for a key to the restroom should have been my first clue. In any case, we cancelled our plans to stay there overnight. I should have read the reviews before booking it. I am now out $235. Lesson learned.
We opted to keep driving north and skipped the naval tour. ($100 for 2 combo tickets. Expensive lesson learned.)

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Angelo E, Manager at Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

I am so very sorry for your experience with us. We truly use these reviews for our training classes and will stress the importance of these issues. We will be starting many upgrades to the hotel this fall and would love for you to stop in and take a look if you are back in the area.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel has a wonderful location in downtown. The staff is friendly and helpful. The good part of the review ends there. Pulling in to the lot from anywhere but the front gate is a maze. A directional sign would be more than helpful. The front entrance has two ramps that were designed for golf carts or a horse and buggy. If you have anything larger than a mid sized vehicle be careful. A peak checkout time in the morning there was only one person at the front desk. The only reliable WI FI was in the lobby and no USB ports in the rooms. We were placed in a handicap room with a roll in shower, but the shower head was placed to spray across the shower so the bathroom flooded when you showered and as we showered the hot water came and went unpredictability. Our bed creaked loudly when you adjusted in your sleep. The A\C ran intermittently all night so we were cold or hot depending on the A\C cycle. All this was included in a $200 a night room. All I can say is stay somewhere else.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review. We do use these during training classes and take your information very serious. Parking lot is confusing and starting this fall we are doing a full hotel upgrade to include signage and better directions in the parking lot.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

So my wife & I booked this place for Friday July 20th. What a rip off. Seemed like a good deal looking online but pictures can be deceiving. Went to check in around 6:00 and waited on line for about 25 minutes to talk to someone. My wife and I have a pet dog and I was aware of the $100 fee to have the dog stay with us in the room. However it’s a Friday night and they have one elevator working lol. And we are on the 4th floor and there were like 2 parties going on in the hotel. So I was considerate and took the dog up the stairs when we checked in and down the stairs to take the dog out and then up again and down again once more when we checked out. They really could have waived the pet fee if you ask me but whatever. I did not see anyone working on the elevator throughout our stay into Saturday and was told by other guests the elevators were down for a couple of days. The room was mediocre, the bed was very uncomfortable and the neighborhood looked sketchy. Won’t be coming back.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Angelo E, Manager at Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

I apologize for the recent issues you had to encounter with us. I am a huge pet fan and I volunteer at a local no kill shelter so I totally agree with you.We have hired a great new elevator repair company and also we plan on a remodel starting this fall. If you are back in the area I would love to meet you and your pet and show you the improvements and if you stay again your pet fee is complimentary!
I appreciate your time
Angelo

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Don’t waste your money. Pay a little more and receive better service somewhere else! The staff was very unprofessional. The hotel smelled bad and the rooms, bathrooms were nasty. He staff did not try to help me when I suddenly had to leave due to a family emergency.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I apologize that we did not treat your situation with better care. Your review does get taken serious and we use them in our daily training classes. We are looking forward to the start of many upgrades coming to the property and hopefully can win you over to show you our hard work at improving.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

This place was not good. Our A/C was loud all night and the toilet kept running and no channel guide and no maid service. I will never stay here again. Lesson learned the hard way. I would look somewhere else to stay. Not here for sure!!!!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cynthia B

We do take your feed back very serious and this does help us to train and improve. We will be doing major updates to the property this fall and hope you will stop by for a tour. I would love the opportunity to turn this past stay around.