All reviews rooftop bar beautiful hotel beer garden the executive lounge bathroom mirror juice bar front desk guest rooms are room key to access bars and restaurants conference facilities river view public spaces elizabeth river fifth floor waterfront area self park
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

A friend of mine and I stayed at the Hilton overnight as a getaway from home. We checked in and went up to our room, shortly afterward we began engaging in some adult activities, during this time some random guy attempted to enter our room, he used a key card to not only open our door but also tried to question us about how we got our room, the conversation went somewhat like this...(we hear the door open and immediately look towards the door, to see a head peeking thru)..." We both shout wrong room, the guy says, wait, they gave yall this room, we are like yeah don't you see us in here?..." mind you we are nude and in the middle of something, granted we both had a good bit to drink that night and I found it pretty funny at the time but later we realized how sucky that was. Overall the hotel is really gorgeous, the decor is impeccable, we were on the 10th floor with a great view of waterside and while I have not scratched the Hilton off just yet I would definitely say to lock your doors after checking in lol. Sooner or later I may give this place another try

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
KevinT4519, General Manager at Hilton Norfolk the Main, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

First and foremost, I'd like to apologize for any person other than you and your guest having access to your room during your stay. I am looking into this further and will determine why this may have happened. I assure you, this is not our standard. We do hope you can see past this and will give us another opportunity to provide you with top notch service and an experience that exceeds your expectations. Thank you.

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Truly enjoyed our stay. Our view was beautiful. Staff was great. We were assisted by LaToya Wilkins. She was absolutely great. Would definitely stay here in the future and love to have her assist us again. She is a true asset to the company.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
KevinT4519, General Manager at Hilton Norfolk the Main, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Norfolk The Main. Your comments will be shared with Ms. Wilkins supervisor. She is truly ans asset to our organization. We hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

The room above the outdoor patio was horrible. The noise from the patio was constant and heard it loudly in our room. Even the cleanup after hours were heard. Our room must have been just above the bar also. The movement of chairs and etc were heard after hours. This room should not be a top price room. Even though it has a river view. Very disappointed. After mentioning it to reservations desk, all I received was "sorry".

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
KevinT4519, General Manager at Hilton Norfolk the Main, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

First and foremost I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by noise during your stay. It is our goal to ensure each and every guest has a stay that exceeds their expectations. Should you come stay with us again, please request a room away form our rooftop bar, Grain. We can also make white noise machines available to you and do our best to accommodate room changes requests based on our occupancy. We do hope you'll give us another opportunity to 'wow' you. Thank you fro sharing your feedback on your recent stay.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff. One of the people at the registration desk made it her goal to get my wife and I a room with the best view. And we wound up with a beautiful view of the harbor. Other staff members were just as courteous and easy to work with. The room was beautiful and the food was great. We really enjoyed the special oyster night. The hotel is also in a great location. Lots to do that is easily walkable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
KevinT4519, General Manager at Hilton Norfolk the Main, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are pleased to hear our staff took such great care of you and that you enjoyed your view. We can't wait to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed 7 October 2018

We spent two nights (September 21-22, 2018) at this lovely hotel. The hotel was a buzzed with activity hosting two weeding receptions, college football fans for the Virginia Tech vs. ODU game, and the usual weekend party goes trying to jam into the roof-deck bar area.

The issue I had was the number of non-guest trying to use the hotel elevators without the pproper use of a room key. There were numerous seedy, drunken, and pot-smelling persons trying to rush the guest elevators on the ground floor.

Many hotels with similar set-ups position a security guard at the elevator entrance and ask for a showing of a room key to assure guest safety. My wife was very uncomfortable on two occasions when men were lurking trying to ride up with her and another woman. Finally, I had to come down stairs and alert a security guard as to some persons activity around the elevators.

This is an area that needs attention! As a Hilton Honors Club Silver member and an owner of a Hilton Grand Vacation Club Timeshare, I found this lack of night security unacceptable and not meeting the quality standards I've come to expect from Hilton.

Room Tip: Be aware, weekend crowds and events can attract uninvited and unwanted visitors.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Norfolk The Main. As you found out, there is always something happening at The Main! First and foremost, I'd like to apologize for any uneasiness you or your wife encountered with non-hotel guests utilizing the guest room floor elevators. Guest safety is our goal and that is why our elevators require a guest room key to access guest room floors. We will notify our security team and have a greater security presence in the lobby areas on these evenings and do hope you'll come stay with us again. Thank you!