See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

The motel was in the most ideal spot...THE BEACH! The pricing for 3 nights was awesome! I didnt realize so much crime takes place in that area, it kinda worried me watching the evening news. BUT, it was quite, no one bothered us and the house keeper was VERY nice! Only thing I saw a problem with was that our shower tub still had rings around it like it hadent been cleaned in which I know it wasent because they left the previous visitors soap in the shower with a piece of hair on it. That was our only compliant!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Holly T
ovinorfolk, Manager at Ocean View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such candid feedback of your stay. I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. This information will be passed to the housekeeping staff.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

Bed sheets were stained with something. Who knows what. Felt extremely unsafe for my family and car. We left and stayed at a different place. Spend a little more and get a lot better room somewhere else. We asked for a refund and the guy sid he woud refund our money but he did not. Dispute in the works

Room Tip: Just pay a little more and get a good room. This is not worth the savings.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank becraf10

Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback. I am very sorry that your stay was not up to par.I hope that you would give us another opportunity in the future to make it up to you.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

A few friends and I stayed here over Memorial Day Weekend and was pleasantly surprised. We booked the room knowing how cheap it was and assumed we were in for the worst. Although the outside leaves very much to be desired, the inside was actually decent and clean. It is also right on Ocean View Beach Park (which we did not know beforehand as we thought the inn was on Virginia Beach) and only about a 20 minute drive to Virginia Beach. I would recommend staying here if you want a cheap alternative for the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area.

Room Tip: no parking passes needed, access to the beach is reached by walking toward shipwreck sally's and down to the right
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marlaya R
darshak p, General Manager at Ocean View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Dear Guest. I appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area again soon, don't hesitate to call us.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. A lot of illegal activity is happening here. Room was disgusting. Mattress flopped down on one side. Paint on carpet and curtains. Room smelt bad. Had a sign up that said no refunds 15 minutes after check-in. Made the mistake of going to get dinner before we went to the room. The guy at the front desk was unfriendly. Slept on top of the covers. The AC was noisy. Just an overall bad experience. Paid $170 for two nights. Would not even want to stay there for free. STAY AWAY!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that several things throughout your stay did not meet your expectations. Please note that your concerns have been passed on to our housekeeping management. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services

Reviewed 7 November 2016

I loved its location a lot! Its actually on the beach! I guess its the best place on this side of the town for people looking to enjoy a clean and quiet beach with not much traffic. The room was nice, clean and cozy to live in. The beds were comfortable and big enough to sleep two people. They said they are renovating the property which seemed nice to me. The stove and the microwave helped a lot to save some money on the restaurants outside! The farm fresh and 7-11 stores nearby was of great help as well.
In short a nice and quiet place to spend the weekend with the family.
P.S. I had heard bad things about this place in the news, but things seem to have changed now with the new management.

Room Tip: The double bed rooms in the rear of main building are better
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank BeachTraveler201016

Dear Happy Guest. Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotelto other travelers. I'm sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!