“Dated, Dirty and Depressing!”

Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 26 July 2017

While Virginia Beach is a great vacation spot, be careful about finding good deals on hotel rooms. I could tell from the time I entered the lobby that this was not a hotel I should have booked, but I had a group rate and wanted to be close to family for a group event over the weekend. The front desk staff were nice and polite, but obviously the owners are not invested in ensuring guests have nice and pleasing accommodations. The carpet in our room was filthy, the walls in the halls were marked and not clean and the dining area was dimly lit and with little to no decor.

Dim lighting, broken shower door, delay on fresh towels, light fixtures that didn't work, and the list is longer of things I noticed that were quite disappointing. Even though I did tell the front desk about the shower door being warped, causing water to puddle on floor in the tiny shower area, maintenance never came to look at shower and hotel was completely booked so another room was not an option. I could not check out of this hotel fast enough and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DeeDee20001968

Reviewed 11 July 2017

So I attended my baby sisters graduation from NSU Class of 2017 and we stayed in this hotel. We started off by having to drive through Construction that had completely ruined the hotel's driveway (not the hotel's fault) ... after getting checked in rather rapidly by front desk we got our room on the first floor and at first glance a very high-quality room. Up to date everything, it was nice. After returning from the graduation, my wife checked the bed (as she always does prior to sleeping in a hotel) and there was hair in our sheets ... then after looking closer there was a small brown ball of something between the sheets (looked like tiny candy the be nice about it) I immediately went to the front desk and told the lady and she was very apologetic and offered to change our room or bring us new sheets and put them on for us. We opted for the new sheets but since we were already in night clothes I decided to put them on myself. When I wrote my review on their website they immediately refunded us 50% of our hotel cost and sent me an email apologizing for the incident. Would I recommend them to others, YES, I would because the staff did an awesome job of fixing the issue immediately and they were very professional about it also.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I arranged a family reunion. We took over 21 rooms. Everyone approved of the hotel. The breakfast was on point. I would highly recommend this hotel for a period. Staff is very friendly and the rooms are comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed the updated room and hotel was located in a good area, conveniently located to get to airport, and easy to find. The pool was nice, too, and the staff were very helpful and friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We stay in a lot of hotels, usually either Sleep Inn or Holiday Inn. I wish this time we would have chose the Holiday Inn. The first room had hair on the pillow, inside thebed sheets and there was a stain on the comforter.
They moved us rooms and the second one was a little better but the toilet paper roll fell off the wall (they did fix it), the outlet was loose, mold around the grout in the shower, the toilet wiggled and there were stains on the wallpapered walls. The HDMI ports on the tv did not work and the wifi was out for two days. I have an autistic teenager so as you can imagine it was a LONG two days.
I do not recommend this hotel even though the price is tempting.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
1.6 km away
0.7 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#34 of 109 in Virginia Beach

Been to Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK