“Worse hotel ever”

Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 20 March 2017

First, bed was never made. Stayed Friday through Monday, bed NEVER made, towels never replaced, bed not comfortable. WIFI was simply not available. I will definitely not stay here again. AND would like my money back. Why are hotels allowed to get away with bad service?

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank j s
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport

Reviewed 4 February 2017

We always stay here when taking a flight in and out of town. Always leave our vehicle as well. They keep an eye on it while we are gone. They take us and pick us up at the airport. I must say this last visit was no exception. It was really late getting in and I had a horrible tooth ache which I had been battling for several days. I told the nice girl that picked us up this and wondered if they had hydrogen peroxide to maybe help with this excruciating pain. She was happy to look. No luck though. But her service went beyond what you could want. I wish I could remember her name. I do wish they would bring back those nice fluffy pillows they had our last few stays. We miss those. They also have a wonderful full continental breakfast buffet, no charge. Will return.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

It looks as if it were a great hotel in its hey day. But it is in need of a major renovation. It does Carry the décor of many other Sleep Inns that you see ... From the bed spreads to the pictures hung on the wall. But the room (127)
I had was renovated at one time and many of the holes in wall where previous items once hung weren't even patched. Air conditioner is in much need of cleaning and filter change. Wallpaper peeling at seams where the two Sheets of paper meet. Pocket door to bathroom has handle with screws missing, handle barely hanging on. Shower that used to have a door has been replaced with a makeshift shower rod you can buy at any family dollar store. Shower curtain is wrong size which was doubled over on the rod which made curtain too short and allowed water from shower head to spray on to floor. Loose towel hook which allowed towel to continuously fall on floor. Then there's house keeping. How do you clean room and miss a pair of dress socks from a previous guest lying on floor at the foot of the bed. Dust so thick you can spell your name on the top of Armoire that anyone 5'5 & over in height could see. Maid threw away hotel hand soap by sink i had been using, never replaced with a new bar. Throughout the hotel there are several spots on floor and ceiling that indicate water damage... Definitely an eye sore. The swimming pool although indoor is all Glass like an Atrium or a hothouse. Some of the glass panels are actually sliding doors that allow fresh air in on Nice day or reduce humidity like found in some other indoors pools. The ice maker on ground floor has seen better days. After one bucket of ice. Machine will only produce 5 cubes for every press or hold of button. The only real plus to me was breakfast. Scrambled eggs, choice of bacon or sausage links.
Two waffle irons. Cook very friendly, dining area very large with access to outdoor courtyard next to the indoor pool. Parking lot very large but a portion of it that give you view of the highway is very poorly lit. I wouldn't park my car in that area after dark, especially when you consider that it is easy to cross the highway and enter the parking lot at any time or vice versa.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

A decent hotel for a decent price that is convenient to everything. It shares a building with a Quality Inn. Good enough for this business traveler. The breakfast is above average and has a variety of choices.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I just finished a 3 day stay here & knew I had to write a review. By far one of the best hotels I've stay at, and such a cheap price!

There is 24 hour customer service. The staff there (front, housing keeping, food, etc.) are really friendly & are there to help you with anything you need. I've had to go up to the front desk for a couple of things and the staff there are great!

The room was pretty nice! Huge TV with cable, big bed, free internet, phone, air/heat, closet, mini refrigerator, etc. Clean & decent for the price we paid. I believe we paid $56 a night. But you can look online for deals and get your stay for $45. I'd say do your research online with 3rd party sites (such as hotels.com) to get good deals. If you are a AAA member or military, you get a discount as well. The only down side to the room is the thin walls. We could hear someone's entire conversation through the walls and were not sure if it was upstairs or next door.

They have an amazing hot breakfast with different foods & drinks! It's like a mini buffet. I think that was the best part about staying at this hotel. The breakfast was delicious!

Also, they have an indoor pool, a exercise room, vending machines, and a lobby with a coffee machine. TVs are in the lobby and in the food area. They also have an airport shuttle if needed. If you need laundry done, they have a washer/dryer. Just make sure to bring some change.

Overall, my stay here was wonderful and way better than I expected. I'd definitely come here again and recommend this hotel to anyone traveling.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norfolk
1.6 km away
12.5 km away
Hampton Inn Norfolk Naval Base
0.8 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Virginia Beach / Norfolk Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Virginia Beac...
#55 of 109 in Virginia Beach

Been to Sleep Inn Lake Wright - Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK