New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Norfolk
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

I had a list of hotels recommended by the school and went down it until I found one close to my meeting room in my price range. Danielle, who took my reservation, was very professional and helpful. When I got into the city (for the first time), I took a wrong turn and called the hotel in a panic. Danielle was again working the front desk and determined where I was and read the map to me over the phone until I got back on Hampton Blvd. The room I had was very good for the money and I found all of the guests and staff to be friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Newport News, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Our first room about gagged you with the smell of mold and/or mildew. I think if we had stayed in that room, we would end up sick. I went to the office to request a different room and the guy quickly gave me a new one. The second room was on the other side of the building and when we went over there, we noticed there was a condemned room directly on the other side of the building from our first room. I can only imagine it was due to mold and it is spreading through the walls.
The second room did not smell as bad, but it seemed as though they used a lot of air freshener to cover up the smell. We went back to the office and checked out 5 minutes later. Luckily, they gave us a full refund.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank dgrevillius
1QualityGM, Manager at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this review, 19 August 2011
I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We take these issues very seriously, a mold issue could cause alot of harm and expense to a property and its guests. I will point out the room on the other side was hit by a car ( no one was hurt ). I expect the repairs to begin this week. If you feel you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to call me anytime. John H General Manager 757-451-0000.

Travellers are raving about these Norfolk hotels

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

thanks you for all the great assistance and service

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Kerrville, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

We reserved a king/no smoking. Apparently the room had been previously a smoking room as it definitely had the distinct odor of smoke. The carpet was pretty stained. So much so, that I didn't want to walk around with my shoes off. The staff (both front desk and the lady who took care of the breakfast area) were rather sullen. They definitely weren't the friendliest bunch of people I met on this trip. We only chose to stay here because the Best Westerns were too expensive in Norfolk and this was cheap enough and close to the Naval Base.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2009

Overall, the rooms were so-so and ok., but next time I come to town, I will stay somewhere else because:

The Internet didn't work,
Hotel staff was rude and wouldn't properly process our tax-exempt invoice for government employees.
The advertised continental breakfast lacked juices, yogurts and fruit so I had to eat breakfast elsewhere. The staff couldn't care less.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1QualityGM, John H GM at Quality Inn Norfolk Naval Base, responded to this review, 29 January 2010
I am sorry to hear your stay was not 100% satifactory and I apologize for that. Unfortunately the state and federal governments have strict guidelines as to whom may be considered tax exempt and certain criteria must be met. Our staff is always here to assist our guests withany and all issues immediately as soon as they are brought to our attention.