See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2017

We booked the suite but when we entered the room it was far from clean, it was as if there was still people in the room. After mentioning this they gave us a suit on another floor. But you know what they say from first impressions... Also no compensation was offered.
New suite was big & very nice, nice bed & different rooms.

Room tip: take the (cleaned) suites! ;)
Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 21 April 2017

We were on our way from Lisbon to the Duoro valley via Averio and stayed overnight here.
The hotel was very standard hotel. Our room overlooked a busy street, which was quite noisy when the window was open. The indoor pool was very murky, but the sauna was OK.
Breakfast was good.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
A good overnight stop

Room tip: If there are rooms not facing the main road, try one of them
Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Nice atmosphere with very friendly and careful staff. My room wasn't too big but it was enough just for the night. Food is very good, not worth seeking for an outside restaurant and hoping for something good. Will try and repeat the experience but with my kids.

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Hotel is beautiful, very clean, and staff are extremely helpful.
The pool is lovely and lots of outdoor seating to relax. The Gym is very well equipped and modern, also personal trainers and staff are there to help - they speak very good English too.
Male receptionist was very lovely and helpful when we asked him to recommend local restaurants he printed off information for us and guided us on where to go, thank you
Breakfast is always delicious and fresh with lots of choice, especially for children also. Breakfast was prepared for us the day we left for the airport even though it was extremely early in the morning, couldnt ask for better service :)
Hotel restaurant serves delicious meals and waiters/waitresses are always very pleasant. Rooms are also perfect, will definitely be returning, one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in thus far.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016

PROS
- General cleanness: About this point I didn't noticed any fail;
- Decoration and room size: I booked a family suite, so the bedrooms were big enough with 2 balconies and a hot tub.

CONS
- Towels in the bathroom: I stayed in a family suite, for a couple and a child, the towels available were not enough, I had to ask for more, and more than once until the staff delivered them to the room;
- Shower water temperature: Not easy to set up and not constant;
- Air conditioner in the bedroom: hard to setup, I was not able to set it up.
- View from thru window of the bedroom: the suite had a nice balcony, but I didn't used it, because there were some cables (phone or electricity, not sure) crossing the balcony... UNACCEPTABLE. (SEE PIC)
- Bedroom soundproofing: terrible, you can hear everything from the rooms around;
- Check-in and checkout: very cold and the general information given were not accurate, Even with the questions I made the answers were not very helpful, I felt the lady was in a hurry.
- Inside pool: bad, turbid water and the floor was taken off and the pipes were showing; (SEE PICS)
- Outside pool: Could be interesting, but despite the hotel guests that are already a lot, the space is also open to people not staying in the hotel, including birthday parties etc. Making hard to have a peaceful time around the pool;
- Internet available: free, but slow and always losing the signal. Not very stable;
- Garage: Free, but the entrance is very steep and the garage is full of pipes and equipments part of the pools system, giving a intense smell to chlorine and the floor with wide areas full of water.

DO I WILL RETURN?