All reviewstree lined streetcinque terrepastaantipastirooms are cleangood sizewould highly recommend this hotelbalconystationfurnishingstouristsluxurymaps
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Hotel Palace was exactly as it was described in the information we found on line. My husband and I did all of our own arrangements for our first time trip to Italy, and felt lucky that we found this gem. We wanted to stay in a city in Cinque Terre, but we were so happy that did not work out. Hotel Palace is on a tree lined street in the small, quaint town of Levanto, which is only a boat ride away from the tourist flooded, five towns of Cinque Terre. When I made the reservation, I emailed the owners and they quickly responded to me to assure me that the would have a large room available for us when we arrived in Levanto. I even spoke with them on the phone, and they were just delightful and friendly to talk to. Hotel Palace reminds me a large southern style home. There are beautiful flowers in the garden area that has tables and chairs for the cool evenings. The inside of the hotel is beautiful with lovely furnishings. We had a corner room which was much larger and so clean and comfortable and very cool. We opted for a non-air conditioned room because the days and nights were so cool. We slept with windows open and there was no noise. The morning breakfast buffet was elegant, with so many breakfast items to enjoy. We felt like we never wanted to leave the hotel. The staff answered so many of our questions and helped us navigate the area. We told them we would definitely be back. We would highly recommend this hotel in Levanto. The only regret we have is that we did not eat dinner there in the evenings. I'm sure the food would have been deliciious and the atmosphere charming, and there were not that many restaurants in the small town. There was a charge for the evening meals at the hotel, but it would have been worth it.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are much larger.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hattie D
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Great location. A short walk from the train station and easy to find. Also an equal distance to the beach. Wonderful cheerful and helpful staff on reception who provided all the necessary maps and travel information and advice. Rooms are clean and are a good size. Quaint and traditional style furnishings with a nostalgic atmosphere. Good value for money. We loved Levanto and found it had a more relaxed and residential village vibe about it. It was our preference over Monterosso and Cinque Terre where there are more tourists, noise and crowds. A great place to escape to when visiting Cinque Terre.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graham B
Reviewed 22 May 2017

THE hotel is very basic and very clean. The desk service was great, very helpful and friendly.
The young lady at the desk took very good care of us and spend a lot of time with us, explaining in detail, where and how to go to our destination. Rooms lacked warmth, but they are clean. They are in the process of updating their hotel.

Room Tip: As far as the room is concerned, it's clean and well kept. The rooms are very basic, unlike other 3 stars hotels. May be it's the way it is in Sorento, I wouldn't know. No Kleenex in the room, shampoo in little plastic package, it lacked warmth and had the bare minimum.
Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank suzy002
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Enchanting angle of the italian Riviera, Levanto represents the cheapest and fast connection to Cinque Terre's international most beautiful lookouts. A genuine attention in service, large rooms and the kindness of the owner of Palace Hotel make the difference in this angle of UNESCO paradise. But the reason I have already booked my next visit is the authentic Italian fish cooking: where the Lasagna with pesto is my new must. See you soon.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2016

This was a nice clean hotel, a bit uncomfortable with no air conditioning but that's not their fault. Breakfast were great. The location is perfect for exploring the trails by foot or taking the boat to the CQ towns (which I can't recommend highly enough) Be sure to explore the area away from the more touristy beach and you'll discover a more charming side of this little town.

Stayed: September 2016