“We can only review the service”
Review of Pizzeria Le Palme

Pizzeria Le Palme
Ranked #40 of 80 Restaurants in Levanto
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I will simply describe what happened to us, with no further comments:

since this restaurant is conveniently placed in a point on the walking way to the seaside, we couldn't help but notice it was always busy, hence probably worth a try.

We decided then to eat there one evening but it never happened.
We entered the premises (a semi-open space), and after 10 minutes of patiently smiling to every possible waiter/waitress (each one of them carefully avoiding to make eye contact) I stepped towards one waitress trying to understand how it exactly works, since there didn't seem to be anybody welcoming customers.
I simply asked (in Italian) "Can we sit anywhere or we...".
I couldn't even finish my sentence that I got a "smiling" no while she was already turning away and ignoring my next question while running away instantly from me (I probably remember her shoulders better than her face).

Needless to say we left immediately and we'll never come back even for a free meal.
Whoever (if anybody) takes care of welcoming customers, needs to put their act together.
The waitress was extremely unprofessional (and I would say even impolite) but I must say that waiters in general were constantly busy 100% of their time.
It's no excuse for being that unprofessional, but at least I must say they definitely weren't slacking.

I obviously can't rate any food, but just the service in my own personal experience.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

One of our favourite restaurants in Levanto. It's always busy, so sometimes you need to be prepared to wait for a table, but it is worth it. We have been here before with our Italian family. The staff are helpful and knowledgeable and it's a fun place to eat. Good choice of local dishes. A lot of the locals eat here. Recommended: the coniglio (rabbit) my other half drools at the thought - best ever he says.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Main positive: the pizza was nice. Main negative: lasagne was most likely micro waved, not warm enough and not tasty. In general: many many tables, waiters run around the place without any personal attention. Not expensive though.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

As I ate my ravioli I commented (half jokingly) to my husband that I was pretty sure I had chefboyardee ravioli that was similar. I looked up what I thought was a fictional character, just for fun, only to find that Chefboyardee was real. He was from Piacenza, Northern Italy, not far from Pizzeria Le Palme. My guess: they are somehow related. My husband had the fish and it was overcooked and not terribly tasty. The wine was good. I wish I could say something nice, but even the service was not stellar and was really slow, even by Italy's standards (the restaurants, in general, never hurry you out.)

Reviewed 13 April 2017

We had "fritto misto" (fried fish) as appetisers and three delicious pizzas after. Prices are fair and the house wine tasted good. However, the interior could use some remodelling - nicer decorations and furniture are definitely needed!