“How we found out the Chefboyardee was a real person”
Review of Pizzeria Le Palme

Pizzeria Le Palme
Ranked #38 of 81 Restaurants in Levanto
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2017

As I ate my ravioli I commented (half jokingly) to my husband that I was pretty sure I had chefboyardee ravioli that was similar. I looked up what I thought was a fictional character, just for fun, only to find that Chefboyardee was real. He was from Piacenza, Northern Italy, not far from Pizzeria Le Palme. My guess: they are somehow related. My husband had the fish and it was overcooked and not terribly tasty. The wine was good. I wish I could say something nice, but even the service was not stellar and was really slow, even by Italy's standards (the restaurants, in general, never hurry you out.)

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 13 April 2017

We had "fritto misto" (fried fish) as appetisers and three delicious pizzas after. Prices are fair and the house wine tasted good. However, the interior could use some remodelling - nicer decorations and furniture are definitely needed!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Good carpaccio de bresaola. Not good swordfish (dried out) and potato with green beans I suspect from a bottle (which is a fairly common thing in France and Italy, but you don't serve it in restaurants). The pizza and pasta may be better, but the dish I had wasn't good.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Food is pure, very good price vs. quality. Busy restaurant but always friendly and great service. Will visit again to try other menu's ... And not to forgot the huge choice in delicious pizza's.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 5 August 2016

the staff, although appearing overworked, were friendly and helpful. the food, somewhat cheaper than Cinque Terre places, was not good enough to compensate for the below average food. I had the Margherita pizza, which on the menu definitely said basil and mozzarella. I was excited for some fresh basil and round slabs of mozzarella I've normally gotten (?maybe this is the only way they make it in New York?).. either way I got what looked like a store-bought cheese pizza, no green in sight. Good thin crust, but otherwise greasy calories. We also had the cuttlefish... which tasted like it was refrigerated far too long. The two pieces of plum cake that accompanied the sciacchetra seemed dry and from a day old box. Maybe it has a good location, maybe there are not that many restaurants in Levanto, but it seemed lively and lured us in, but I'll not return for seconds.

Date of visit: August 2016