“Wonderful Lunch”

Ristorante La Battigia
Ranked #16 of 33 Restaurants in Lacco Ameno
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 November 2017

From the street this is a nondescript waterfront restaurant but, walk through to the outside dining for a beautiful view of the sea and a unique rock outcropping "Il Fungo".
forget the view though. the food is amazing! the service exceptional!
Be sure to try the Ischia drink Rucola. highly reccommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Have visited La Battigia 4 times within the last week and have tried their Mussel-dishes (mussels in tomato-sauce - last antipasti from the sea in the menu and mussels and vongole in sauce without tomato 'Sauté misto') especially the Sauté misto can be recommended but the tomato-version was also excellent! I have also tried a steak, this was not really tender.... After my first visit Mauro (the owner and waiter) said 'You shall only have one course' - this is good service not trying to push sale.. After first visit dinners incl 1/2 wine, water and coffee was average 28Eur - Mauro is not consequent when billing - sometimes include 'Coperto' of 1 EUR, some times not... but very kind and helpful.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Dropped in for aperitifs and was impressed with nibbles so decided to come back for a meal. Good choice-served free brushetta while waiting for mains. Had safoid spaghetti which was so tasty and hot. Great service. Will be coming back.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

First time to the island and restaurant and was so impressed.
The mussels were the best I have eaten in Europe. Service was superb and management so friendly and helped with my non Italian speaking.
So good will go again for sure.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

The wife and I visited in the low season, so we knew that most places would be cleaning up their act for summer, or closed altogether. We walked by La Battigia and decided to peek our heads in. We were promptly and graciously greeted by our server Mauro. Great guy!!

We had showed up a bit too early for dinner, but we ordered anyway and started with the house white. I guess they felt bad for making us wait, so they brought us these delicious stuffed pastas.

Wife ordered spaghetti ala vongole and I got linguine agli scampi, two traditional pasta dishes for southern Italy. They were very good.

We live in Napoli, so we know some Italian and had pleasant conversations with our server throughout the evening. We finished off the evening with tiramisu and limoncello, both very good.

I would happily eat here again. The service was worth it alone, but in extremely tourist heavy areas, it's hard to find a kitchen that even tries. It was evident that these guys wanted us to have a great dining experience. Thank you!!