“Part of our Solver Wedding Amalfi Coast Tour”

Poggio Aragosta Hotel & Spa
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Last stop on our way back to Naples. I did read a review complaining that English speaking guests here weren't treated very well. Although the majority of guest are German that certainly wasn't our experience. Fantastic room with a 270 degree sea view, great service with lots of complimentary drinks, we were very well looked after. Spa was a little small but with some features I've seen before such as the Kneipp which I found rather addictive.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen B

Reviewed 4 October 2015

The hotel itself on first impression was pretty but I was initially underwhelmed. I shook off my tiredness and explored, only to discover that we had an indoor spa (which was magnificent) and a lovely little pool. The water in both is volcanic and therapeutic so highly recommended for allergy sufferers. The grounds were beautiful and the views spectacular. The fitness centre would definitely benefit from mats, one or two more machines, a few weights, press up bars etc. I have read a few bad reviews on the service and I am never one to judge other peoples opinions BUT my girlfriend is Polish and I am British Jamaican but we were never mistreated or given rude service once. The waiters never left us out and the bus driver Nino was great. Special mention to Concetta and Manualla for trying to help us out in English. I am fortunate that my girlfriend understands Italian BUT the staff did not know that. If I can go there and get good service then I can say to other English speaking folk, go there without worry.

Okay Holiday tips... the hotel is secluded from the main town and requires a bus to and fro the premises. You get a free shuttle ride at certain times in the day BUT after 7 pm that ends and you have to taxi or bus it. You do not want to walk it unless you are a thrill seeker or very drunk. Italian drivers have a very blasé attitude to road safety.

Go half board. The breakfasts were okay but the dinners were amazing. Slight bit of recycling with the salads and buffet but the actual dinners were gorgeous. Better than some of the 2nd mortgage costing Italian meals you in London. If you order a bottle of wine or/and water, they will keep if for you till the next day. Much cheaper than buying a glass. The lunches were a bit pricey BUT I had the best pasta seafood dish and the portions were huge. Italian food generally is the best so I was glad to see this hotel delivered.

Bring a swimming cap or shower cap for the pools unless you are bald (like me).

The town of Lacco Ameno was really nice and if you walk right from where the hotel bus drops you off, you will find a great beach spot not as populated as the beach spots to the left of the bus drop off point. There is a supermarket in town and various eateries.

Go to Capri and feel like a superstar BUT it has too many people in one small place. The cable car to the shopping centre was cool but the designer shops waiting for us were best left to George Clooney and Kanye West.

Forio was really nice and a lot more chilled than Capri. Loads of shops that you can afford and a really nice area.

I love Italy and I highly recommend this hotel BUT we done our adventuring in the day. If you want to go out at night you better hire a vehicle or learn the infrequent bus routes. That and the 'fitness centre' are the only issues I have with this hotel. Everything else spot on.

Ask for a sea view, the hotel opposite ours had an annoying Zumba instructor whose hollowing made me want to hire 'Leon the Professional" but she shut up after an hour. Also night time entertainment stops at midnight so its as quiet as a mouse.

As for wifi in your room... get a room close to the lobby.

That is it.

Ciao

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room OR if you need wifi get a room by the lobby.
3  Thank jediknight79
Reviewed 21 September 2015

It really is as lovely as the photos, the team are so lovely, the receptionists are so helpful with bus timetables, maps and trip brochures on hand. Ischia is a mountain of winding roads full of hotels, this has a free shuttle taking you to the next village.

The food is lovely but if you fancy a change there is only 1 restaurant within walking distance. There is however a bus that gets you to the next village in 10 minutes. The bus stop is a very short walk away.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Just returned from a really lovely holiday here. Everything from the room, cleaniness, pool, views and staff was faultless.
Though the hotel doesn't have many English visitors we were made very welcome, especially as we tried our best to communicate in Italian which the staff appreciated and no doubt gave them a few laughs at my poor grammer.
The hotel is set high above Lacco Ameno but getting into the resort was not a problem as the hotel shuttle was available at no charge plus there was a bus stop just 5 minutes away which we also used.
A special thanks to Manuella on Reception who was very welcoming, and very helpful especially in arranging trips and also sorting out our transfer back to Naples airport.
I look forward to returning

Room Tip: Wifi in reception area. Balcony's with sea views are great
Reviewed 18 August 2015

My wife and I stayed here for 3 days as part of a honeymoon away. The hotel itself I'd rate a 3 Star, but give a 1 star based on the following:
Pros - great mountainside views, access to spa with hot baths, large outdoor swimming pool
Cons - my wife & I are from Toronto Canada & only speak English...with that said I didn't need to speak Italian to understand that we weren't welcome at this hotel, nor was the other couple we met from England!! During our stay we experienced horrible prejudice from both the wait staff at the restaurant and by the hotel's shuttle driver!!! Some examples were at breakfast everyday, the wait staff would ask the Italian guests if they wanted coffees/capachinnos and even request dinner menu suggestions. However both English-speaking couples would have to approach waitstaff to simply get hot water & milk! Dinner was a pre-fixxed menu and did not support it's $20 euro/person ($30 CAN) picetag! No flavor and small portions...however the benefit of us eating here night #1 & not enjoying it, was it provided us the opportunity to walk 5mins down the road to "Momma Teresa" whereby the food was unbelievably fresh, cheap prices and came packed both nights with locals (you know the saying about if locals eat there!). As for the shuttle driver, he literally was pointing at us and making fun of us in Italian!! He would seat all the Italian based residents within the van first, and totally disregard any form of first come seating! The driver stays at the hotel & on the last night used us the "touristas" as the headline for his soapbox comedy routine to others! If not for my wife calming me down I would've put the loudmouth in his place...yes dear Carma is a b****!
The island of Ischia was beautiful and would recommend staying here to enjoy the island's beaches, shopping & restaurants as a cheaper option to the tourist packed island of Capri! However, I would never stay here again, nor ever recommend this hotel to anyone I know! If coming to Ischia, and staying in the Lacco Ameno/Cassamicola Therme area, I'd stay at the nearby Grazia Therme resort and eat down the street at Mama Teresa!!!

Room Tip: Room was underneath pool deck, close for in&out swim but noisey with earlybirds or nightowls mov...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Casamicciola Terme
1.2 km away
Albergo L'Approdo
Albergo L'Approdo
#25 of 41 in Casamicciola Terme

Been to Poggio Aragosta Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK