See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I booked for one night and ended up staying 5. Ischia is a beautiful island and this hotel is truly a gem and makes it even more special. I can only agree with what other reviewers said about the views. They are spectacular. The hotel itself is a nice, spotlessly clean family run place. The Mattera family was really friendly and helpful and made me feel welcome whilst letting me have my privacy. The garden is beautiful and the pool is great and clean. Room with a balcony had everything it needed, air con worked perfectly, water pressure was good and towels were changed daily. I ate in every night because the food was so delicious (and very generous servings). The place is served by an hourly bus that leaves you right in front of the hotel and drops you off in ten minutes in the piazza marina in casamicciola. I found it easy to use and it was never more than five minutes late. I hope to be back next year!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2016

I've stayed here twice now. Room/bathroom/balcony spotless. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is utterly charming. Go in spring and the smell of orange blossom is everywhere, there are bees and butterflies, orange and lemon trees, swallows and a lovely pool and sun deck.
Being a few minutes' walk from the crater of a volcano, it's a strenuous walk up the hill - but there are taxis and buses, and the views over Casamicciola are just wonderful.
The town is quite noisy ( traffic) as it's only little - but up at the Ape Regina all is serene.
Family owned-and-run, they couldn't be more helpful. From cracking espressos at breakfast ( which is a cold, but wide-ranging buffet) to the extensive contents of the little bar, the place just gets you. Great dinner provided on request. Back next year :)

Room Tip: Get a balcony room, you'll regret it if you don't.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2015

We loved this hotel. The location provides amazing views both day and night. The breakfast was delicious, the rooms clean and air conditioned, and the pool peaceful and relaxing. The staff went above and beyond to help us and make our stay enjoyable  We had to leave very early on our last day to catch our ferry and family who runs the hotel made us a tray of breakfast the night before since we were missing the breakfast. Can't say enough good things!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2015

We stayed for 3 nights in mid-June with our 2 young children and college-aged niece. The view is astounding. If you can get one of the rooms overlooking the pool, you won't be disappointed. Other rooms are basic, but clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet is great and you won't leave hungry. Definitely have dinner in the restaurant. Our kids' favorite meals in all of Italy were had here, and the value can't be beat. The location was perfect for us -- away from the noise and bustle of town, but a very easy and quick bus ride into town (buses come every hour, so you have to plan ahead a little bit). Very friendly family-run hotel. This was a wonderful break in the middle of our tour of Italy.

Room Tip: best rooms overlook the pool
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I have spent several holidays at Ape Regina and always have a very enjoyable time.
It is an excellent family run hotel always clean.
The family will do anything they can to make your stay a happy one.
Well worth a visit.

Stephen Dwyer (UK)

Room Tip: Choose a room with sea view most have private balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends