All reviewsthe air conditioningwonderful hotelamalfi coastweddingpoolroadsdriveitaly
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is high up above the Amalfi Coast. Very high up.

We were 4, 2 adults plus a 9yo and a 12yo both boys. We had a "Sea view family room" this had a reasonable sized double bed and bunk beds.

The view was amazing. Straight out over the Mediterranean and half of Adelfi.

The hotel is at the top of a mini mountain, you need to go up a flight of stairs to get to the first lift then a second flight of stairs to get to the second lift.

We were there for 2 nights, both days had private parties booked. There was a fair bit of noise until around 2200 and the pool closed at 1700 both days. Other than that the room was comfortable and the air conditioning worked great.

The restaurant was fairly basic but the staff did try to go the extra mile to help.

If I visit the region again and don't want to stay by the beach then this will be the hotel for me.

Be warned, the locals drive like lunatics! The hotel is at the top of a mountain reached via extremely windy narrow roads, the locals will drive at 80+ while we're struggling at 20.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank slothmister
Reviewed 21 July 2017

We arrived about 1pm at the hotel and just had to wait a view minutes for the room to get ready. we realised, there was a wedding event going on. well that is written in the website that they are having events sometimes. so i asked if i can use the pool as my partner had some work to do and i was really looking forward to use the pool and chill after the drive. i asked if it is possible to use the pool because of the wedding going on. they confirmed me that there is a part they reserved for the guests. ok, they left the luggage in our room and when we got up. somehow i thought the room somehow doesn't fit with the overview you have from the outside. basic, really basic. the TV is even a joke it is there. a old little one. rather just take it out. but a really nice balcony, nice view. so i got ready for the pool. go there and i see all set up for this wedding, but no sunchairs. so how exactly should i use the pool ? me in bikini and all the guests in robe? not really. so i was actually for the next 6 hourse just streaming the internet, which you don't even have in the room, you have to go to the lobby and all the wedding guests up and down, and somehow you feel wrong in place.
next day breakfast is simple nice. nothing to complain in that. just don['t expect the big english breakfast. for me was more then fine. then i chilled finally at the pool for some hours and it's really nice. this area is just chilling inviting. really nice. we went out. came back in the evening, and an other event. this time a 18th birthday. well we got integrated into this party, but again for my partner it was just too loud, as he needed to study.
next day after having a tour to Amalfi and Positano we came home, i wanted to chill again at the pool and they where setting up an other event. no idea what it was, but was with life music and again, just loud.
the staff are very friendly, no doubt on that. we where feeling really welcoming. and after a few days you just think you know them already. but i still think they should put on their website, when they have what kind of event. then it's the costumers decision if he wants it or not. even it is kind of normal in southern italy to have this parties. it is a hotel with a lot of tourists from all over the world, and we choosed this hotel to not be in the noisy Amalfi and then this. specially that i couldn't use the pool on this sunday really was more then disapointing. and not that you get a 10Euro discount or so. it's just like it is. shame. would be really a nice place to be for some chilling days.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2016

No hygiene,
Thin mattresses on hospital-like metal frames,
Cleaning crew screaming in italian at 8am sharp.

Absolutely disgusting, on the third day of our stay we find an ants' nest right under our beds. Mind you that all meals were made OUTSIDE of the hotel, so the food did not belong to us. Which means that for three days we slept with that underneath our beds, if they can even be called beds.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank GabrielReyess
Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed at this place for 3 nights and I regret every single one of them. I can honestly tell the only thing I enjoyed about our room was the view. Breakfast was okay. At our arrival we were impressed because the lobby and bar looked quite nice but that dream was swiftly shattered the moment we entered our room.
There were 3 of us, but only 1 king sized bed in the room. I guess they expected one of us to sleep on the floor. Their explanation was a miscommunication with our travel agency. Okay. It happens. Instead of getting us an actual 3 person room, we were forced to watch two staff members awkwardly struggle with a poor metal frame of a bed in the door frame for about 15 minutes instead of deciding that, just maybe, it's a better idea to take it apart instead of trying an impossible angle. Or, you know, give us an actual 3 person room. But no, let's just forcibly push this bed through the door.
One of the staff members then proceeded to talk to our neighbour, who was sitting on their balcony, on /our/ balcony about how the pool is always closed. Another 10 minutes enjoyed. Said neighbour also told us they were with 2 people and had a 4 person room.
WiFi didn't work in the rooms, which is a minor thing but still a thing either way. Shower had a boiler which is all dandy but we couldn't even shower for 5 minutes without it becoming cold.
My pillow had yellow stains.
Friend of mine noticed an ant in her bed. 5 minutes later another. And another. This was on the second day. After investigating we found a piece of bread (at least I think it was?) under the bed, which our ant friends highly enjoyed. It had to have been there for at least two days, seeing as the room was "clean" when we arrived and then cleaned again the next day.
Speaking of cleaning, I never woke up peacefully in this hotel as the cleaning crew started extremely early and they were very, very, VERY loud. I personally do not appreciate being yelled awake at 7:30. They didn't knock before just blatantly entering our room assuming we weren't there. This was still in the early morning too.
Overall an extremely unpleasant stay and it was honestly a relief to leave. Please look for some place else!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank clueless2014
Baldassarre D, Proprietario at Hotel Le Rocce, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

Dear clueless2014,

Thank you for your review about Hotel Le Rocce and for the nice words spent in regards to our view on the Amalfi Coast.

I am very disappointed to hear that we did not live up to your expectations and that your time in residence with us was marred by such unfortunate circumstances. We endeavour to deliver a good service in order to ensure that every guests' visit is unforgettable for the right reasons. It is therefore always incredibly disappointing to discover when someone has left after a "less than good" experience.

It is a must for me to give further explanations to the members of the Tripadvisor community who are going to read your review. First of all, there has been clearly a misunderstanding with your travel agency as the booking was only for 2 guests. The housekeeping staff tried to find a prompt solution in order to let you wait as less as possible, in facts, the second bed was installed within minutes. I do understand your criticism in regards to the aspect of the rooms but I am really perplexed about your words in regards to their cleanliness because every room gets inspected to make sure that the standards of hygiene are always met. In regards to the design of the rooms, I must inform you that we are going through a program of refurbishment for all the rooms of the hotel, this will be completed step by step in the upcoming months. 5 of our rooms have already been completed. In regards to the mishap encoutered with the HK staff, I will adress the issue personally to make sure that this won't happen again. I do apologize about that.

We truly hope to see you back one day at Hotel le Rocce, because we really believe that we will be able to change your mind about your experience with us, and make you feel at ease just as most of our guests describe in their reviews.

Best regards,

Baldassarre Durazzo

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Everything was so great!!! The view is fantastic, the swimming pool is really beautiful, the rooms are clean and with a nice view over the coast and in the morning there is a various breakfast waiting for you. Not to mention the staff! They are so sincere friendly and helpfull! They make you feel at home! The location is also good, because you can easily walk to the center of Angola or go by car to Amalfi or other city's. I even think you can go by bus. I would recommend this hotel to every type of traveler!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business