1,867 results
All reviews red cow city centre dublin coach tram station minute walk luas stop free parking what it says on the tin takes about minutes buffet breakfast room was large visiting dublin car park public transport no air conditioning stayed here for one night airport
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Was sceptical after reading some reviews but hotel was perfect. Only a two star but so much better than some of the so called 4* hotels we have stayed in.
The ibis was clean tidy and the beds were so comfy, best night sleep we have had in ages.
We were overlooking the motorway but had no noise at all.
The shower was lovely. Room a great size.
A 15 min walk up monastery road will bring you to a small village where we ate two nights in a row in a place called The Laurels / treetop restaurant. The food was just amazing.
Perfect location for a base. Would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017
IBISDUBLIN, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thank you very much for your kind complimentary feedback and we do take note of all your very informative comments also. We hope that you will choose us again for any future stay.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Enjoyed an overnight trip to Dublin. The location was ideal for where I was visiting. Food was excellent and good value. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Hope to return with family soon as I was upgraded to a family room which was excellent

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IBISDUBLIN, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thank you very much for all your complimentary comments and we do look forward to your return with your family again very soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Very average hotel, room was tidy but slightly basic, had a decent night sleep, shower was fine, little bit out of the way but the tram stop is just over the road, the breakfast was typical buffet type for 10€, little bit over cooked and sat for a while, staff were fine, probably wouldn’t stay there again, sorry.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
IBISDUBLIN, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you very much for your kind comments and we do hope should this location suit your needs better that you will return again very soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

As to be expected from an IBIS, only better. good standard of room, service was ok , although busy with coach parties. Food much better than experienced at other IBIS. Easy to find and to get to, only real disadvantage is the lack of a gym, otherwise I would probably stay there more often.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IBISDUBLIN, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Thank you very much for your comments and we do value and appreciate all our guest reveiws. I will pass on your comments also to our staff to serve as an encouragment to them and we do hope to welcome you back again for another pleasant stay very soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

I understood from the IBIS website that there was a direct shuttle service between the airport and the hotel, this turned out not to be the case. The bus brings you to the nearest Luas station, which is a 7 minutes walk to the hotel (possibly more when you are lugging bags and Luggage around). Upon arrival at Dublin Airport, there was no clear indication on where to find the bus to IBIS hotel, nor what type of bus I was looking for. I tried to call the hotel twice, but got an automatic response instead of a real person that could have explained. (I couldn't understand the message as there was a lot of noise at the bus station) It is only thanks to very helpful airport and bus company staff that I finally got on the right bus. There is only 1 bus per hour, and I did not know the timetable before arriving at the (correct) bus stop - so had to wait 45 minutes.
Big room, good bed and pillows. Clean; private bathroom...
Expensive breakfast (€10,50 per day), especially when you are not a big eater, and in my case, vegetarian and lactose intolerant, which does not leave many options :-(
No communication between reception and cleaning personnel: cleaning personnel showing up shortly after 9 AM already (so no sleeping in), or even barging in without knocking while I was in the room (happened twice to me!)
Snack menu is supposed to be available all day: I tried to order linguini at 6 pm, had to wait until 6.30 to order because "the kitchen wasn't ready", then received penne instead of linguini, without informing me beforehand that they were "out of linguini" or giving me the chance to change my order (I was specifically looking forward to the linguini, I can eat penne anywhere). Afterwards, they charged €11.95 while the snack menu said €10. When I pointed this out, the bill was corrected.

Late check-out was only possible until 2pm instead of 5pm as it says on the website, but it still cost me €25 extra! During these extra 2 hours, I couldn't even get a rest because cleaning personnel kept showing up, asking me what time I was leaving. Not the best way to make a guest feel welcome!
I ended up leaving an hour early because I felt so uneasy and chased out of my room :-(.

Room Tip: ventilation system in the bathroom is quite noisy, makes it impossible to hear if someone is at your door (or even coming in cf review)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels
IBISDUBLIN, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Many thanks for all your feedback noting the access and travel options from the airport also. I am very sorry that you were disturbed the the accommodation cleaning personel and this will be addressed today. Regarding the restaurant also my apologies as you should have been told about the lack of linguini on the menu. I do hope you will give us another chance to redeem your past experience and please contact me should you wish to do so.