“I'm strictly vegetarian and they served me a 'meat' product.”

Stuebers Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Bacharach
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: You like to go to interesting restaurants? You prefer restaurants in an attractive location with a corresponding atmosphere? You value high quality and fair prices? Then you are in the right place with us. As a member of the ”Tafelrunde” group Stueber’s Restaurant maintains and preserves the regional cuisine with a great love of detail. Master chef Andreas Stueber cooks and presents traditional Rhineland-Palatinate food – young, dynamic and affable. Our most important objective is that our guests feel at home. Constant and certified quality control and the consistent internal further education of our whole team guarantee high quality and unique service. Why not take a culinary journey of discovery, alone, as a couple, with your family, or with friends – you certainly won’t regret it!
Reviewed 26 March 2017

We were walking in bacharach and found this place by chance, excited by the label of 'vegan' for a few dishes on the menu, we decided spontaneously to have a light diner. The food, service, and everything was nice, However they came out with bread-that was served with lard (i.e. pigs fat) didn't tell us what is was. I had some, and then when the waiter came back they told me what is was. I was at the point of tears, and couldn't even look at the waiter. Then when out dishes came out, the server said 'unfortunately we don't have anything vegan to serve with bread' and then gave my husband the meditterean salad with was covered in hummous and baba ghanoush. I can't explain their incompetence at serving people who clearly are ordering vegan asking if the restaurant gets the vegan concept 'pig fat' and then not realise they can just serve us hummous or baba ghanoush in place of pig fat. I tried to forget it, I'm so embarassed and sad for eating 'meat fat.' In the end they didn't even apologise-which when messing up this bad they should. As there are few vegan places to eat in the area, take the liberty of being the militant vegan and double check everything they serve you, because they may not understand.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Stuebers Restaurant

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

We stopped in with no reservations and were immediately seated. The food is locally grown and/or raised in a sustainable fashion and in a natural environment. Excellently prepared cuisine for a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

According to Trip Advisor, went to Stubers, ordered this dish.
I am a big fan of sushi, thought the piece of sushi was the weakest part of the dish. I would like suggest that either replace the sushi part ,or make fresh one( I mean not came from refreg) will make the dish perfect.

Had good time in Bacharach, had a great dinner in Stubers, just want to see a little improvement.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

We had an entree to share that was nicely presented with liver pate, fish, beetroot dip, cheese and bread. I had the river trout for my main course that was beautifully cooked with a butter and almond sauce. We finished our meal with a very nice cheese platter. Good wine list and friendly service. There is a view of the Rhine from the restaurant across the train tracks.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

The phrase used by the waiter all through the evening was "I'm sorry". All because he kept forgetting everything. He got the order wrong for the main course, but I was so tired of all his misses so far, so I did not bother opening a new issue. The schnitzel was the driest I've ever tasted. I've seen better menues in Germany. And tasted better food.

I see reviews boasting a nice view of the river Rhine. Ha. What a laugh. Vegetation is not kept down so if you manage to kept a glimpse of the river you're lucky. And with the railway 3-4 meters from the terrace with trains every two minutes the place is better suited for "trainspotting" than "Rhinespotting". My photo here is from the table towards river Rhine.