All reviewsthe concierge loungeparking garageconference centerfront desknice hotelroom servicemovie theaterrestaurants and shopsbusiness tripomeletoyster pointindoor poolwafflesfountainkerryvivianvalet
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Thank you for the hospitality!
The rooms were clean, and well kept.
The personnel were kind, and generous.
A waitress named Vivian actually went above and beyond to ensure that my stay was comforting.

This hotel took in our track and field team on a last second basis, and this spoke levels to me. The Newport News Marriott was one of the nicest I have ever been to, and this is meaningful because I have been to a wide variety of hotels before. I wish all the staff at this establishment much success in the future.

- Carissa J. Lorimer
Saint Francis University Women's Track & Field

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Newport News Marriott at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for choosing the Newport News Marriott at City Center for your recent conference. It was a privilege to be of service! I was delighted to read that our associates met all of your needs and expectations. Thanks also for posting our review online. Your feedback will confirm for future groups that we are the ideal hotel of choice in Newport News City Center. Not only do we work hard to make sure your event operates smoothly, our Downtown location offers endless possibilities to “see, do and unwind” when the business portion of the day is over. We do hope we do have another chance in the future to welcome for your group back for another meeting.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing stay and our breakfast was so good! Vivia and Kyla were awesome and were constantly attentive to our needs. We felt very comfortable and the food was full and very tasty. Would definitely come back to this hotel!

Stayed: April 2018

Thank you for choosing the Newport News Marriott at City Center and taking the time to share your experience. We take great pride in delivering excellent service and accommodations. That along with our desired makes our Marriott one of the best places to stay while in Newport News at City Center. It was a pleasure to read your comments and I will be sharing them with my staff. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

such a great hotel, staff is so nice especially vivia and kyla!!! very clean and the rooms and bathrooms were very nice. a bautiful and renovated hotel, i would highly recommend. also the best breakfast at a hotel i've had!!

Stayed: April 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Newport News Marriott at City Center and for sharing your review with other travelers. I was absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to impress you with our service, accommodations and facilities. I look forward to sharing your wonderful comments with our staff. They will certainly appreciate the recognition of their hard work. I hope you will stay with us again during your next visit Newport News.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We were in the area for a track and field competition. The hotel was very accommodating to our large group even though our rooms were not booked ahead of time. the breakfast was perfect before we competed! Lots of healthy options and the service was amazing thanks to staff Vivia and Kyla.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Newport News Marriott at City Center. We put a lot of time and emphasis on training to ensure we provide service excellence to each and every guest. Your wonderful comments let us know we are on the right track. On behalf of our team, we appreciated the opportunity to be of service and thanks you for kind compliments.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night here. We got in pretty late, so I didn’t get to see much of the hotel or the shops around the hotel. The breakfast was great! They have a good buffet. The waitresses were very friendly and attentive. I had Vivian, she was very helpful.

Stayed: April 2018

Thank you for staying at the Newport News Marriott City Center. I am glad that you had the opportunity to dine at our Kitchen 740 Restaurant. Our chef takes great pride in preparing mouth-watering dinner specials and entrees made of the highest quality ingredients. American cuisine never tasted so good! I will be sure to share your compliments with the chef, management and wait staff. They will be thrilled to know you had a great dining experience. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.