All reviews the concierge lounge parking garage conference center front desk nice hotel room service movie theater restaurants and shops business trip omelet oyster point indoor pool waffles fountain kerry vivian valet
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had one small issue just before checkout at the hotel. We explained the situation to the desk clerk and she was very receptive and apologetic. We were about to head out to breakfast, she asked if we had gotten breakfast yet, which we hadn't. She then offered a free breakfast for all of us. The hostess, Toya, and server, Vivian, were extremely nice and helpful as well. Even one of the maintenance personnel grabbed a special pen for our 4 year old. Overall, a very good visit. I'd prefer a bed that is a bit softer, but everyone has different preferences. I did appreciate how quiet it was, and again, a great staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Newport News Marriott at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your comments and review of your visit to the Newport News Marriott at City Center. We pride ourselves in delivering great service to all our guests however it sounds like we failed in delivering a most wonderful stay. We try our best to maintain Marriott's' high standards and we continually strive to improve upon these standards. Candid comments like yours will help us do just that. I addressed your concerns with my staff and we have taken corrective action so that this does not happen again. Thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 4 days. We were very pleased with the service from our Restaurant Servers Vivian and Malik; our Hostess Toya; Lobby Attendant Nena and the Lounge Attendant Carrie. We will definately stay at this hotel again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Newport News Marriott at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for choosing the Newport News Marriott at City Center and taking the time to share your experience. We take great pride in delivering excellent service and accommodations. That along with our desired makes our Marriott one of the best places to stay while in Newport News at City Center. From your response, it sounds like Vivian, Malik, Toya, Nena and Kerry Ann provided you wiht a memorable experience. It was a pleasure to read your comments and I will be sharing them with all of the hotel team members. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I stayed here for two weeks in March 2018 and it was by far the best staff I have ever seen in a hotel, Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff and concierge lounge was top notch. The hotel is clean and the food is some of the best around. The bar staff was some of the greatest people I met so if you are ever at the hotel go to the bar and enjoy a drink or some food with Chris, Nicole, and Loren as they will brighten your day. My only regret is that I am returning to the area from April 15-21 and this great hotel has no government rate rooms available for that time so I will need to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Mark B, General Manager at Newport News Marriott at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Thank you for staying at the Newport News Marriott City Center. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Kitchen 740 Bar. Our Chef and Bartenders take great pride in preparing mouth-watering dinner specials and entrees made of the highest quality ingredients. Savoring a cocktail prepared by Chris, Nicole or Loren is a highlight of the evening. I will be sure to share your compliments with the chef, management and bartenders. They will be thrilled to know you had a great dining experience. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

We have used the Marriott Newport News City Center location for many functions. They have always been most helpful. On our last visit on March 22, Crescente Prince went above and beyond. She was helpful to not only me but assisted several of the our attendees with health issues walk to the room we were located. She was friendly and courteous and always had a smile.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Newport News Marriott at City Center for your recent conference. It was a privilege to be of service! I was delighted to read that one of our associates, Crescente, met all of your needs and expectations. Thanks also for posting our review online. Your feedback will confirm for future groups that we are the ideal hotel of choice in Newport News City Center. Not only do we work hard to make sure your event operates smoothly, our City Center location offers endless possibilities to “see, do and unwind” when the business portion of the day is over. We do hope we do have another chance in the future to welcome for your group back for another meeting.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Our entire family recently stayed at the Newport News Marriott at City Center for a family event. The entire experience, the stay and the event were amazing! The best part, coming down to breakfast with Vivian as our server! Like everyone else on staff, Vivian was friendly, professional and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Mark B, General Manager at Newport News Marriott at City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at the Newport News Marriott at City Center. As a General Manager, your compliments were a pleasure to read and I was delighted to hear that you were thoroughly spoiled by Vivian. I am glad you had a chance to take advantage of our great location! I will be sure to share your fantastic remarks with my team as a testimonial that what they do daily makes a difference. Thank you again and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon.