“Subway Fusion”

Philly Deli Subs
Ranked #231 of 533 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Deli, Korean, Cafe
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We wanted to catch a movie at AMC so went down to catch a bite. Ordered the Philly. Had a lot of meat all freshly made with a smile. Ordered the chicken wings fresh and delicious with a sweet and spicy sauce. 17.75 for the two with two drinks. Would come back again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

You order your food at the counter, and everything is made fresh right in front of you while you wait. To give an idea of how fresh, when I ordered their sandwich that had egg on it. They cracked the eggs and cooked them right there. Since everything is made fresh, it takes a little longer for your sandwich to be made then other sub shops that have precooked meat. They have a homemade garlic sauce that came with their spring rolls (They have Thai food also). It was so good. I would go back just for the sauce. When I told my coworkers that I checked out the place, they raised some eyebrows, since I guess the hotels right by them are supposedly seedy. I didn't see any problems with the area, but I was there during the day. The food was very reasonably priced, considering the fresh ingredients. I have already been back.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I'd been meaning to stop by here for some time, but today lunch and proximity co-incided, so I came to a remake of an old sub restaurant to discover that the current owners were Koreans who combined subs with typical Korean fare. I almost bought a beef bulgogi sub, but opted for a less expensive Italian. The restaurant copies the Subway style with various additions to the basic sub, the sub alone or as a "meal." All in all the sub was good and plentiful - in fact it wll serve as lunch tomorrow.
I'm sure I will come back again and see how Korean and Italy combine.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Too look at this place you think its just a regular sub place, but upon entering they have a wide selection of subs, pizza, wings, breakfast subs, & Korean food. I wasn't expecting too much, but i ordered the Philly cheese steak, with their home made garlic bread. All i can say is wow the best sub i have tasted in a long time. You can even call in orders & its still only takes around 10mins. This place is on Jefferson Ave not far from the flea market, you must check it out if your in Newport News, VA. I can't say enough about this little restaurant, I just love it & portion sizes are big for the price.

1  Thank doc67us