“Favorite Korean Grub in Newport News ”

Chung Oak Korean Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 534 Restaurants in Newport News
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Really loved the food! Great service, clean and tasty. You won't leave hungry!

Spicy pork and vegetables is my fave, second only to the Kalbi! I'd eat there daily of I could!

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 11 April 2017

A friend of mine took me here while visiting the area. This is the second time he's taken me here. The first time was several years ago. The bi bim bap was good as were the sides. The price for the my lunch was affordable totaling $11.29. Check this place out if you enjoy Korean food.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I had dinner with my old friend and he and I enjoyed food here very much. Good surprise in the middle of VA.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 21 November 2016

A great Korean restaurant in the heart of Newport news. Their housemade sausage is amazing. The kimchi soup did not disappoint.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 24 June 2016

I just love this place, the food is good and the service is friendly. I always order the beef bulgogi special which comes with white rice and four fried dumplings, you can pay extra and get fried rice. I've been eating here for years but I've noticed the change in the portion sizes the last three times that I have visited . You don't get a consistent portion, sometimes my dinner portion is not different than the lunch special except served in a larger plate, so now I just go at lunch time. The portion of side dishes have changed too, now we have to ask for more because my husband eats them all, so I get him to ask for more lol.

Date of visit: June 2016