“First time here”

Kyung Sung Restaurant
Ranked #71 of 510 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 24 November 2016

Staff were nice and friendly, but didn't refill condiments until we asked. Had the beef bulgogi but was slightly disappointed as I am used to having a sauce with this dish and there wasn't any. However, the flavor was very good.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Stopped in for lunch and received fantastic service throughout the entire meal. This was my first time eating here, and I was treated as well as customers who had obviously been there multiple times and were known by name. I have experienced Korean cuisine in quite a few locations now, and will say that everything I ordered was on par with what I expect, or better than par. The kimbap was excellent as was the gyoza. The tray of kimchi was very good as well, but a bit more on the pickled side rather than fermented, giving it a more vinegar type flavor. The spicy pork bulgogi was also delicious, with just the right amount of spice. Overall, the meal was excellent, along with the friendly service. I look forward to going back to try their kimchi pancakes.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

We love this place and have for years, but it is a special event when we go - because it's expensive. The food is delicious and consistent. I recommend the Yaki Mandu highly!!

Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

This is our favorite Korean restaurant and we come often. We love the fried man doo and kim bap. No other Korean restaurant has the great chili sauce that comes on the side that really makes it great. The spicy pork bolgogi, spicy chicken bolgogi, hot and spicy chicken stirfry, and beef broccoli teriyaki are all favorites of ours. The waitresses are very friendly.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

We popped in for lunch on a whim. We had the steamed dumplings which my 9 yr old loved. I had the spicy beef bulgogi and it was very yummy. My son had chicken bulgogi which was kind of boring but very kid friendly. My husband had some type of squid that was very good. We thought all the assorted kimchi and veggies were a little disappointing compared to other Korean restaurants in Newport News- but we would go back again if we were in the area.