“A fun family lunch. Good food and very sweet service”

Kyung Sung Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 533 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 3 April 2016

We popped in for lunch on a whim. We had the steamed dumplings which my 9 yr old loved. I had the spicy beef bulgogi and it was very yummy. My son had chicken bulgogi which was kind of boring but very kid friendly. My husband had some type of squid that was very good. We thought all the assorted kimchi and veggies were a little disappointing compared to other Korean restaurants in Newport News- but we would go back again if we were in the area.

Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

The food was delicious. Everything was very fresh. Due to the volume of people the service was not as good. But the waitresses hustle to give their best.

Reviewed 12 February 2016

It was very good.My husband and I had bimbop and chicken bulguli and some soup with seafood.We are definitely going back soon.They got a $40 tip from us!

Reviewed 27 January 2016

I have not eaten at Kyung Sung in about 5 years because we relocated. We were thrilled to be back and able to eat at this great place. The serivice has greatly improved; waitress was terrific. Food was exceptional, restaurant was spotlessly clean. Bibimbab was just as good as I remembered. Mandoo Korean dumplings were delicious with the great red pepper paste. One person had spicy beef and vegetables and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

31 years. Everything I have eaten is consistently delicious. Many people tell me it is their favorite restaurant - mine too.