“Slow Service, Good Fare”
Review of Chic N Fish

Chic N Fish
Ranked #45 of 538 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Not an upscale restaurant but good food for a good price. I think it is a small, locally owned operation. I had a grilled salmon with vegetables, kimchi and onion rings. Nice portion, tasted good and for a good price.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

What a great place. It's small. The service is good. It's really good for takeout. And this place is always clean. The food is always cooked to order and hot. I can't say much more than this is a well-kept secret in the area!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank dejanairo_1
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

My family and I have lived out here for about three years and I've been visiting this place for about two. I love the Korean fried chicken as it reminds me of cross otherwise Korean fried chicken I have eaten in D.C and NYC. My go to is the 8 piece wings, half soy-garlic & half hot soy-garlic. I am never disappointed. Today my wife wanted to deviate from the norm and try their fish options and she enjoyed the portion​s and how lightly breaded it everything was.

Everything is always made to order, so expect at least a 15-20 minute wait for your wings or 45 minutes if you want drumsticks. Authentic method of Korean chicken involves frying the poultry twice, among other things which is why the wait times can be long. For your patience you're rewarded with a juicy serving of chicken, perfectly battered, minimally greasy and all around bursting with flavor - all for a decent price ($8 for 8 wings + coleslaw). Or...you can eat at those nasty American styled Chinese restaurants and eat that goop called food.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 2 July 2017

I haven't had Beef Bogogi since I was in Korea 20 years ago. The service was a little slow at first. The décor isn't the best. The prices were a little steeper than I would prefer. Where am I going with this? The food was fantastic! Would I go back? Absolutely!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Best chicken wings u will ever have in your life. Call in and order, always fresh, always will take at least 35 minutes.

Date of visit: May 2017

Been to Chic N Fish? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK