Days Inn by Wyndham Newport News
US$ 108
US$ 85
ComfortSuites
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 95/night.

US$ 100
US$ 67
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 94/night.

US$ 194
US$ 182
Hampton.com
US$ 137
Hampton.com
US$ 133
US$ 128
Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis(Newport News)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
US$ 74
US$ 153
US$ 147
US$ 115
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 134/night.

US$ 230
US$ 152
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Loved the pizza at the restaurant beside the hotel. If you get a room get one by the office very pleasant

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2017

First refrigerator didn't work and was dirty, had non smoking room but cigarette burns on bed quilt, had to clean small coffee maker before I could use it, breakfast was not as good as other places I've stayed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2017

This hotel gets 1 star for the AMAZING staff! All staff that we interacted with were friendly, polite, and truly wanted us to enjoy our 3 night stay. All other aspects I would give, maybe half a star if possible.

Booking: we booked through a 3rd party website, and reserved a "Deluxe Non-smoking Studio" - they don't have a room like this, they do have some efficiency rooms, but they are all smoking, so we were automatically placed in a regular room, 253.

Room #1: This room smelled of mold, the toilet seat was cracked and yellow, the toilet backed up and the toilet paper roll only had enough for one use on it. The walls had a number of areas that were indented, cracked or in disrepair. The beds were missing the inner fleece blankets. Everything appeared clean, but after one night we all woke up feeling sick, and had to move rooms due to the overwhelming smell.

Room #2: We moved to room 111, which smelled much better. It didn't smell great, like maybe there had recently been pets there, but we felt we could safely breathe. This room, however, had more physical problems. The phone didn't work and needed replaced. There was no microwave in this room. The electricity switch had not been turned on. And most importantly, the sink was full of a dirty crust, which we first thought was vomit, but turned out to be from back-up. Housekeeping was very nice and cleaned the sink for us, a maintenance fellow came and replaced the phone, and a nice plumber let us know he would be working on the pipes. It was very loud, but we were just glad it was getting fixed, because it was very unsettling seeing the sink fill up with brown-black liquid, and then drain itself, before repeating that many times, as it backed up and down.

Staff: Very good staff, they were very genuine and I got the feeling they took pride in their jobs. The only minor thing was that when a housekeeper came by around 11AM, we asked them to come back later (since we were still getting ready to go out) and asked if we could have extra washcloths when they come back. When we came back around 9 pm, they had never returned to make the beds or bring washcloths. So, that was slightly annoying, but no big deal- guess they didn't want the tip. Otherwise, all staff was great.

Pool: Didn't use, but it looked alright, it's between buildings and faces some trees, so you don't have to just look at the parking lot.

Breakfast: Outdated room, but decent food. There was a microwave, a cooler with milk and yogurt, a toaster with toast, eggs, sausage, and cereal. I applaud any hotel that serves hot items at breakfast, so I enjoyed it alright (I just get eggs, since I'm vegetarian). I would suggest adding ketchup packets to the breakfast bar for those of us who like ketchup on our eggs, and I would also offer iced water, and keep an eye on the juice please, there was NO juice available- so the only thing to drink was milk; this doesn't work if you're lactose intolerant.

Overall, to be honest, this is in the bottom 3 hotels I've ever stayed in, and I travel a LOT. Of everywhere I've stayed, I can't think of even a third world motel or hostel where I felt it was such a bad value. Wyndham should make plans for this property, whether it's renovate the hotel, or raze it and relocate the quality employees; the property is a weak link in an otherwise quality chain.

Room Tip: Do not stay in 253.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family