“Worth Every Penny”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in New Market
Kapoho, HI
“Worth Every Penny”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This is not a luxury hotel, it's a 1950s style inexpensive motel. It's cheap, and a bargain (under $50 with tax). Cheap hotels often make up for their low price with dirty unkempt rooms. Not so at this Budget Inn. The bathroom was spotless, even thought the fixtures were old. And while Martha Stewart may deplore the furnishings ;-) we found them delightful in a funky, blast-from-the-past kind of way. The motel is run by an older Indian woman and her family, and they do their best to make it a nice place. I'm in favor of small family run businesses and we will stay here again if we're in the area. It's a perfect pit stop for a road trip. Although it's close to the Interstate, you don't hear traffic, and the area behind the motel is a meadow filled with cows backed by a view of the mountains. And of course, Luray Caverns are nearby, which is a must see phenomenon! This is a more economical option that the hotels closer to Luray.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank DeepOceanSwimmer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Spent the night here on business travel, and decided to try out one of the older places for fun. This motel was built, probably around 1950, as the Battlefield Motel. The office still has some '50s flair, but the rooms have been remodeled.
The rooms are typical of an older motel. They are pretty big, and decently furnished. The linens were clean, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom had lost most of its vintage fixtures, leaving only an unfortunate beige/brown two-tone tile on the walls. It was clean, but I had to tap the flourescent bulb over the sink to get it to come all the way on. You get a fridge, microwave, phone, and an ancient electric clock.
I paid roughly $53 for my room, and was pleased at what I got for the price. I slept well, but you are close to US 11 just north of town, so there was some road noise.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank roadtripperMaryland
Harrisonburg, VA
Reviewed 16 January 2009

I was on vacation with my family and we didn't want to spend too much money so we decided to stay at the Budget Inn. I had made a reservation and when i got to the motel the clerk was ready for us and we were in our room in 2 minutes. Service was great and the room was definitely above my expectations. The room smelled good and the rest of the room was amazing, too. The room also had a microwave and a refridgerator. I wanted to get a nice sleep so, that my family and i could enjoy the caverns, the bed was well made and was perfect to sleep on. I would have to say it was better than staying at a hotel where you paid over 80 bucks. My family and i were very satisfied with the motel.

• Liked — I loved the service and the room was definitely an A+
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank helper93
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 25 October 2007

Our car broke down going from New York to North Carolina. The gas station owners where we ended up told us this was the closest place, so we went. We had no other choice but to risk our car breaking down on the highway. When we got there, the lobby desk had all these awards on it, which I don't know how is even possible after being in our room. The guest room we had, had stains on the carpet, the shower had hair in the tub, the guest book that listed local attractions was moldy and stuck together when we tried to open it. The door frame was gapeing, had 3 locks on it and still looked like it could be kicked in. We put a chair under the door nob because we felt like anyone could break in. I pulled the top comforter off and slept on top of the bottom blanket because I couldn't even imagine getting under them. The other bed pillow had stains and we didn't even want to touch it. We waited until the garage fixing our car opened at 7am and ran out of there.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank eriickah

26.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
26.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to Budget Inn--New Market? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK