All reviews close to town flat screen tv hot shower pollo the owner taxi ac hammocks nicaragua
Reviewed 22 November 2017

comfy bed and adequate bathroom. Airco is big plus. Nice staff can't make up for the dodgy location they are in. Not a good location - too far from the centre. we were warned for robbings and told to always take a taxi back to the hotel after sunset (30-40 C$). Breakfast was okish, gallo pinto, eggs, toast and fruit all quite bland though. We asked 3 times to book us a shuttle to SJDS and in the end went to arrange it ourselves. No hot shower (we expected a hot shower for the price they are asking - compared to rest of Nica, maybe not with rest of Granada). The fontain and airco machines were right in front of our room and made a lot of noise (were turned of when asked). Poor lightning in the room and the fridge was unplugged and leaking a lot of water when we arrived.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017

The staff was super friendly and went out of their way to help guests. The rooms are clean and the place is quiet. The prices are very reasonable. The quality of the included breakfast was excellent. It was nice being right across the street from the lake, and I think you get a little more veinte suave when there's one blowing in the evening. The hotel is a few blocks' walk to most of the happenings in town, i.e., the central park, but I didn't mind that at all and it was nice to get away from the bustle. And if you don't want to walk taxis pass by the front of the hotel frequently. I would definitely stay here again. Muchas gracias por todo, amigos!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Mohammad F, Owner at Hotel El Maltese, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Customer,
first i would like to thank you for take part of your time to comment. We are very happy to know you enjoyed our service, mainly for noticing the tranquility of our hotel. We effort to offer a peace place to stay. we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

I wanted to stay a little out of town and this hotel was perfect. It is only a very safe 5-10 minute walk to Calle Calzado, which is the blocked off street lined with restaurants and bars in Granada. It was wonderful staying at what I believe is the only hotel on the lake that close to the center of Granada. The rooms come with made to order breakfast in a dining room with beautiful views over looking the lake. Great way to start your day!
The owner and the administrator Patricia were a joy to talk to and incredibly helpful. Most of the rooms were very nicely updated. The AC in my room was the most quite AC I've ever had in any hotel room. The bed was very comfortable with 4 pillows to prop yourself up with to watch the flat screen TV.
There may be more expensive hotels in Granada, but none better.
I highly recommend the hotel.

Stayed: March 2017
2  Thank Steven K
Fluti_nica, Owner at Hotel El Maltese, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Dear valued customer Mr. Steven K,
your valuable positive comments is very important for us,
on behalf me and all the hotel staff especially from Ms. patricia the administrator would like to thank you so much for giving us your time to share your experience about your stay at Hotel El Maltese, Glad that you like Granada city and wish to see you again here in Granada.
Best Regards

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Owner meet me out at the street and addressed me by name as I was being dropped off. Clean, comfortable place with a great staff. Close to town and the lakes across the street. Price was affordable and plenty to eat at breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank oneeyebob
Fluti_nica, Owner at Hotel El Maltese, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Dear valued customer "oneeyebob" :
On behalf me and all the hotel staff would like to thank you so much for the nice comments , and wish to have you here again in near future, really appreciated.
Best Regards

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Seriously... I can't believe we got this place as cheap as we did! My husband and I felt this place was worth much more! We hope they keep their prices low so that we can return with our family next year! It's about a 10-15min walk from the downtown city of Granada where all the tourist like to be. It has a beautiful view of Lake Nicaragua. The breakfast is delicious and made to order! The receptionists were very sweet girl's who also helped us book a private tour of the near by Isletas and that very night we arrived they also helped us book a tour to the Masaya Volcano! All for a reasonable price and not in a big bus full of people. The room smelled very clean and appeared to be recently remodeled. It had plenty of closet space and cabinets. We could of easily had enough room for my kids and and their things had we taken them. We plan on returning and with our kids next year. We will most definitely return to El Maltese. We had an opportunity to speak to the owner who was very nice and appreciated our thoughts of the place which was of course all positive! He mentioned wanting to upgrade all the rooms little by little. I hope and pray the best for him and his business. It's a wonderful hotel. Don't miss out on this little gem of place! Definitely worth the money!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Barragan_Family4

Dear Valued customer "Barragan_Family4" :
what a big and surprise positive comments you been submitted !!! :)
Thank you so much, My pleasure to have you and your family here again.
Best regards