All reviewsswim up bargreat locationthe main squarecentral parkhot waterthe hotel is cleanair conditioninghighly recommend this hotelrooms are spaciousvisiting granadathree nightscommon areasla calzadaan oasispoolscolonialjulian
Reviewed 12 November 2015

This is my second stay at Hotel Colonial. My room was large and well equipped.
The bed was king size and very comfortable. The sheets & towels of good quality.
Only lacking was a small fridge in the room. But there was a table and chairs, a desk with a flat screen TV and a security safe. The two pools were small, clean &refreshing after a long day exploring. The staff were especially kind and accommodating. When a friend arrived for the weekend to spend time with me, this was easily arranged. There is a breakfast resto and bar on site but I preferred to imbibe elsewhere. With its location just off the main square the Hotel Colonial comes highly recommended. A good value.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are newer.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
hotelcolonialgranada, Director General at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay and for writing us a great review here in Tripadvisor. We are happy to have wonderfull guests and have them return is just wonderfull. Hope you can stay with us many more times!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2015

This was our third times staying at Hotel Colonial in Granada, Nicaragua. Prior to this we had stayed at two other hotels in the city, one of which was well reviewed. However, the Hotel Colonial is by far our favorite. It is just steps from the Central Plaza and close to many attractions and good restaurants, but is on a side street, and is very quiet. It was built back when beautiful tile work and furniture was still an option for a hotel, yet It is modern, clean, and very comfortable. The two swimming pools are very nice, as is the breakfast there.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
hotelcolonialgranada, Director General at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear Ms. Judy,

Thank you so much for your comment, and thank you for choosing us as your favorite Hotel in Granada. It is always great to have you stay here. We are happy to hear you like our locations , clean spacious rooms, pools and breakfast! We hope to have you come back very soon!

Reviewed 29 October 2015

As a Boutique Hotel, Colonial Hotel is visually stunning, look great on photos. But their rooms, especially single rooms are dark and dull, most has no window, aircon not working too well ( not good as day temperature was 33C), wifi was poor in the room.
For US 70 per night, I think it is overpriced. The bar staffs are indifference, most are rather play video game then serve you, the breakfast is basic and quality is small. But be fair, the hotel is centrally located, it is clean and the front desk staffs are helpful. I suppose this hotel is Ok for a short stay.
I think I have gave the hotel a fair review, I am just reviewing it based on my experience. However, one day after the review was published, I received a whatsapp message from the manager/staff of the hotel, namely Mario, he accused me to write a bad review and he was abusive and unkind (please see attached photo). And the response from Laura, the owner is also untrue and unfair.
I did asked for a discount as I felt their room are overpriced. They offer me a reduction of if I pay in cash, and forfeited to obtain a copy of the receipt. In this way I do not have to pay the government tax of 15%. I am curious as NO OTHER hotels in Nicaragua have this practice. This sounds to me they are not giving me discounts, but treating the Nicaraguan government of the taxes, so please tell me who is being dishonest?
Consider yourself warned, so if you gave bad review on this place after your stay, you know what you are getting.

Stayed: March 2015
4  Thank raymasterman
hotelcolonialgranada, Director General at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Dear Mr Pau Wai Man,

We cant help but to be estranged for the insistance of having a comment being publised in this Tripadvisor page. 8 months ago you stayed with us in March 2015 and wrote a negative comment about us then that was REMOVED from the Tripadvisor page. Now, 8 months Later we see you have wrote again another comment for the same stay adding allot more lies and unpleasant comments, it is beyond our comprehention .We will definatly not justify your comment with an answer to all the false alligations you have made here. We hope that our future guests will take as refrence the other 485 possitive and amazing comments that we have from our toughest yet greatest guests.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

We recently stayed 5 relaxing nights at the Hotel Colonial. It is a real treasure-great location-quiet but a few steps from the plaza and great restaurants, accommodations were perfect, the pools are refreshing, breakfast delicious. This hotel is spotlessly clean, nicely decorated and we felt very safe. The assorted sitting areas on the balcony are perfect for lounging and reading. But the BEST part of this hotel is the staff-they are friendly, kind and eager to make your stay enjoyable. the tours they offer are perfect. Their in house driver Julian is the BEST!

Room Tip: We stayed in the family suite-second bedroom was a loft. Provided privacy for 2 couples yet we were able to stay together
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

Hello Mrs. Dotty ,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for writing sucha wonderfull comment! We loved to have you stay here and we are pleased to hear you liked location, cleanliness, decor and our wonderfull staff. Guests like you make our job very pleasant. Hope you can come back again a stay here with us!

Reviewed 9 October 2015

What a great place to stay the night. The history of the hotel is awesome and the place is lovely. Hotel is in heart of Granada within walking distance to great restaurants and night clubs. The bar was nice and the drinks were good. Breakfast s delicious and the seating is next to the pool. Definitely recommend a stay here.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cbethlynn
hotelcolonialgranada, Director General at Hotel Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for making a comment about your stay. We are happy to hear that you liked our location , breakfast , pools and drinks. We hope that next time you are in Granada you stay here with us again and always.