Review Highlights
Highly recommend this authentic Hatha yoga program

I can really highly recommend this TTC. What I loved most about this program is the dedication to... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
roamingromy
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Authentic yoga course and sattvic life

This was the course I was looking for. Authentic teaching of yoga and Ayurveda with experienced and... read more

Reviewed 29 September 2023
Elizabeth S

Recommended experiences in and around Rishikesh
All reviews deep knowledge ttc practice students yogi philosophy yoga body teacher life energy team
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2020 via mobile

I completed my 200hr certification a year ago now. I wanted to leave it for some time before I gave a review as I thought I could give more and make it more meaningful. I can confidently say that this is absolutely worth your time, whether completely new or an experienced yogi. Vini goes into great detail about the impacts of yoga on the body and mind, and also the philosophy. What I learned has changed my daily habits (right down to how I walk) and impacts my movement positively in all movements that I do, including other forms of exercise.
The location of the school is just lovely. Such a nice wee town on the river.
The food provided by the school is great, the accomodation is really nice and the instructors are also great.
Yoga Vini provides you with the full experience, this is so much more than just the asana.

Date of experience: September 2020
1  Thank mccka000
Reviewed 3 April 2020

Hey
I was doing ttc in yoga vini school this march and i must say that im very greatful to came to this school.
My friend recomended me and she was right.This is the place you wont to go if you wont to learn about real yoga. Vini is just amaizing guru that teaches with heart. The rest of the crue is allsaw amaizing(Babaji, Tina..), the place was clean and nice and food was wery good healthy and fresh. I didnt miss for nothing.
I hope i do this cours again.

Namaste🙌

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 3 April 2020

I will start review with a confection. Before coming to Yoga Vini I saw myself as an experienced yoga practitioner. After all I was practicing every day for about 7 years. I was sooo wrong. It is painful to realize that all this years your practice was going into wrong direction. Never ever I was told not to bring movement habits on to the mat. I didn’t even know we can have spine habits. I never heard any yoga teacher talking about the importance of pelvis tilt in the practice before.
Long story short... I’m very happy I chose Yoga Vini for my course. So much knowledge I got from the whole team and Yogi Vini. This course took my practice to another level.
Highly recommend to everyone. The knowledge you will get here is beyond the mind.
Yoga Vini wishing you all the best 🍀❤️

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 29 March 2020

I can really recommend this place for a Yoga Teacher Training! The passionate and experienced team at Yoga Vini teaches you deep knowledge about Hatha Yoga, you`ll learn about anatomy, asanas, pranayama, yoga philosophy and ayurvedic lifestyle. The TTC is accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes ayurvedic food, cleansing rituals and several small routines for daily life.
This TTC is not about just making it a good time for you, it´s a very intense experience, that could make you struggle, go beyond your mental and physical limits, suffer, cry, laugh and grow.
I would definitely choose Yoga Vini again, I had a very good learning experience at this place, had the opportunity to deepen my practice and watch my body and mind change.
Rhisikesh is a really nice small town, where Yoga is present everywhere you go. I would strongly recommend to plan some days to spend in this town before or even better after the TTC.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 25 December 2019

Hello kind seekers,
I'd like to share an experience that's a bit over due... I was in search of a teacher and school that would focus on the practice of yoga as a whole within an ashram setting. A school with a greater interest in truly immersing and educating their students in the yogic lifestyle versus handing out certificates just because one paid for a course and a piece of paper.
After several recommendations from trusted sources, visiting teachers in drop-in classes in Rishikesh, and reading reviews and experiences from a variety of TTCs in the area, I finally decided on YogaVini school. YogaVini 200hr TTC seemed to be fit for what i was looking for in a course, but after commencing i realized it really was beyond what i was looking for. Vini is an impressive, knowledgeable and passionate instructor who truly knows how to teach in a way that you can easily absorb and digest the information. He makes clear connections through breath, yoga, anatomy, the spine, philosophy, Ayurveda and deeper knowledge. He's meticulous in his technique, which if you're truly interested in learning the foundation of asana and yoga -(and how to give student adjustments)- than this is truly a wonderful place to begin* or improve your yoga practice. The 200hr TTC course is applicable to all levels, because he breaks things down to the point of understanding all of your body movement and breath to minimize injury and improve practice to receive its full potential. Man I really enjoyed the course, the morning priest chanting (waaaah beautiful), Kirtan, and satsang. I could go on and on...but i'll keep it somewhat short. Tina is the other instructor who is enthusiastic to teach every morning, fun, has years of technical experience with proper body movement, technique and she gives clear corrections.

Other secondary info:
-Appropriate accommodations.
-Delicious Ayurvedic meals.
-1 weekly free day to go off-site or relax (optional).
-Ashram located in the outskirts of Rishikesh in a quiet area close to the Ganga river.
-Ayurvedic massage available on free day - (optional...cost not included).
-The course is taught 1/2 Japanese & 1/2 English (this will give you time to process information & write down good notes, trust me).
-Days mostly run from, 6am to 8pm/10pm with 2 meals & 2 snacks, 1hr karma yoga and 1hr break (some days vary).
-Bring dry fruits and nuts to snack on (optional).
-Take good notes, you'll need them to complete assignments, the final test and for your own practice. I still read through them.

Con:
-To be honest, it's quite pricey even though the lessons and material taught are worthy, i do wish it could be a bit more affordable. I understand they give special ayurvedic food and it's on a large property, but still, the price is a bit steep for some who would love to participate in your school.

Last i have to say, if you choose this center/school for your TTC than remember nothing will ever be perfect but if you choose, it could be nearly perfect. This experience will be as beneficial as you allow it to be.

A HUGE thanks for letting me participate in the April TTC on such a short notice >.< and thank you to all your team for the entire experience and care.
Thank you Vini and Tina!

Big Hug!
Nathalie

Date of experience: April 2019
3  Thank valevale888
yogavinirishikesh, Manager at Yoga Vini, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2019

Hey Nathalie 🤗
It is nice to hear from you. It has been a while. I hope you are doing well.
Thank you for your great feedback. We loved having you with us. And we are happy to know you enjoyed time spend in ashram.
It’s great to know you came for knowledge and you are happy with the outcome. It is all because of your dedication to the course.
Thank you for being with us and for your awesome fire entertainment 😉
We understand that money sometimes can be a problem, but if we want to give our students good accommodation and best quality food possible this is the minimum price. We don’t want to compromise the quality of the food for cheaper course. This is one of the biggest reason why everyone is experiencing great changes inside themselves in only 28 days - Practice and Ayurvedic food (detox). ☺️
Thank you Nathalie. I hope we will see you again.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year 🎄