Review Highlights
Highly recommend this authentic Hatha yoga program

I can really highly recommend this TTC. What I loved most about this program is the dedication to... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
roamingromy
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Authentic yoga course and sattvic life

This was the course I was looking for. Authentic teaching of yoga and Ayurveda with experienced and... read more

Reviewed 29 September 2023
Elizabeth S

Recommended experiences in and around Rishikesh
All reviews deep knowledge ttc practice students yogi philosophy yoga body teacher life energy team
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2020

I can really recommend this place for a Yoga Teacher Training! The passionate and experienced team at Yoga Vini teaches you deep knowledge about Hatha Yoga, you`ll learn about anatomy, asanas, pranayama, yoga philosophy and ayurvedic lifestyle. The TTC is accompanied by a healthy lifestyle that includes ayurvedic food, cleansing rituals and several small routines for daily life.
This TTC is not about just making it a good time for you, it´s a very intense experience, that could make you struggle, go beyond your mental and physical limits, suffer, cry, laugh and grow.
I would definitely choose Yoga Vini again, I had a very good learning experience at this place, had the opportunity to deepen my practice and watch my body and mind change.
Rhisikesh is a really nice small town, where Yoga is present everywhere you go. I would strongly recommend to plan some days to spend in this town before or even better after the TTC.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 25 December 2019

Hello kind seekers,
I'd like to share an experience that's a bit over due... I was in search of a teacher and school that would focus on the practice of yoga as a whole within an ashram setting. A school with a greater interest in truly immersing and educating their students in the yogic lifestyle versus handing out certificates just because one paid for a course and a piece of paper.
After several recommendations from trusted sources, visiting teachers in drop-in classes in Rishikesh, and reading reviews and experiences from a variety of TTCs in the area, I finally decided on YogaVini school. YogaVini 200hr TTC seemed to be fit for what i was looking for in a course, but after commencing i realized it really was beyond what i was looking for. Vini is an impressive, knowledgeable and passionate instructor who truly knows how to teach in a way that you can easily absorb and digest the information. He makes clear connections through breath, yoga, anatomy, the spine, philosophy, Ayurveda and deeper knowledge. He's meticulous in his technique, which if you're truly interested in learning the foundation of asana and yoga -(and how to give student adjustments)- than this is truly a wonderful place to begin* or improve your yoga practice. The 200hr TTC course is applicable to all levels, because he breaks things down to the point of understanding all of your body movement and breath to minimize injury and improve practice to receive its full potential. Man I really enjoyed the course, the morning priest chanting (waaaah beautiful), Kirtan, and satsang. I could go on and on...but i'll keep it somewhat short. Tina is the other instructor who is enthusiastic to teach every morning, fun, has years of technical experience with proper body movement, technique and she gives clear corrections.

Other secondary info:
-Appropriate accommodations.
-Delicious Ayurvedic meals.
-1 weekly free day to go off-site or relax (optional).
-Ashram located in the outskirts of Rishikesh in a quiet area close to the Ganga river.
-Ayurvedic massage available on free day - (optional...cost not included).
-The course is taught 1/2 Japanese & 1/2 English (this will give you time to process information & write down good notes, trust me).
-Days mostly run from, 6am to 8pm/10pm with 2 meals & 2 snacks, 1hr karma yoga and 1hr break (some days vary).
-Bring dry fruits and nuts to snack on (optional).
-Take good notes, you'll need them to complete assignments, the final test and for your own practice. I still read through them.

Con:
-To be honest, it's quite pricey even though the lessons and material taught are worthy, i do wish it could be a bit more affordable. I understand they give special ayurvedic food and it's on a large property, but still, the price is a bit steep for some who would love to participate in your school.

Last i have to say, if you choose this center/school for your TTC than remember nothing will ever be perfect but if you choose, it could be nearly perfect. This experience will be as beneficial as you allow it to be.

A HUGE thanks for letting me participate in the April TTC on such a short notice >.< and thank you to all your team for the entire experience and care.
Thank you Vini and Tina!

Big Hug!
Nathalie

Date of experience: April 2019
3  Thank valevale888
yogavinirishikesh, Manager at Yoga Vini, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2019

Hey Nathalie 🤗
It is nice to hear from you. It has been a while. I hope you are doing well.
Thank you for your great feedback. We loved having you with us. And we are happy to know you enjoyed time spend in ashram.
It’s great to know you came for knowledge and you are happy with the outcome. It is all because of your dedication to the course.
Thank you for being with us and for your awesome fire entertainment 😉
We understand that money sometimes can be a problem, but if we want to give our students good accommodation and best quality food possible this is the minimum price. We don’t want to compromise the quality of the food for cheaper course. This is one of the biggest reason why everyone is experiencing great changes inside themselves in only 28 days - Practice and Ayurvedic food (detox). ☺️
Thank you Nathalie. I hope we will see you again.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year 🎄

Reviewed 8 December 2019

I joined the 200hr YTTC on a whim having had no real previous yoga experience. My friend asked me to do the course with her and I figured it would be interesting. I had no expectations entering the course but I can honestly say that my time at Yoga Vini changed my life and the way I work with my body. The course builds you up from the very basics and teaches you the foundations of yoga, starting from the pelvis and spine and expanding from there.

The knowledge I acquired during this time will continue to shape the way I work with my body, practice yoga and also understand myself. Through an incredibly well structured and well thought out program, the course teaches so much more than just yoga and poses. You learn about yourself, about yoga philosophy, self discipline and how to use a wholistic approach to be not only a better yoga teacher, but also a better version of yourself.

Vini is a hugely knowledgeable teacher, he is passionate and truly wants each individual to get the most out of the course. Tina is an inspiring and caring assistant and herself, along with the whole team are lovely and want to help as best they can.

The accommodation is great and Vishal does a really good job of keeping everything running smoothly. The food is very healthy and tasty, you learn to love it ;)

I cannot recommend this course enough! Thank you Yoga Vini for teaching me ‘a way back to life’ :)

Date of experience: October 2019
yogavinirishikesh, Manager at Yoga Vini, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2019

It was nice to have you in the course. And we are very happy you enjoyed your time with us, even when it was challenging. ☺️
Next time we meet, you will teach us how to ski 🎿😉
Good luck on your journey. Enjoy in beautiful New Zealand.
Merry and happy December 🎄

Reviewed 5 December 2019 via mobile

Had a wonderful experience at yoga Vinci’s TTC - It was challenging, cleansing with the food and program and rewarding. Thank you!

Date of experience: December 2019
yogavinirishikesh, Manager at Yoga Vini, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2019

Good luck on your journey. Hope to see you soon.
Maybe we will come to Australia 😉☺️

Reviewed 4 December 2019

What a rollercoaster of knowledge, strength of body and mind, struggle and overcoming. I was relatively new too Yoga and did not know what to expect from a TTC. The idea of starting to teach my own classes was totally daunting but this course really equips you with such a solid foundation of knowledge and technique to build upon. Vini is a unique and soulful teacher, he completely lives his work and you can feel his heart in everything he teaches. His classes are vivid and so insightful. I felt a big change in my body but it was my mind that moved the most. I became so aware of how connected everything is and when my mind was not focused my body could not develop. Vini takes you back to your beginning and builds you back up from your roots. There are so many small simple things that are the heartbeat of this course. Tina’s classes were fantastic too, she is so present and moved by the work that you will push through barriers you never expected.
This is a real training. If you truly want to learn the philosophy, anatomy and physicality of yoga then this is the right course to do. Find what you love and follow it, this is Yoga.

"I'm not dying, my cells are" Thanks for the T-Shirt slogans guy’s!!
Thanks to the whole team!!

Date of experience: October 2019

Thank you for your awesome feedback.
We can’t wait to see all he slogans and t-shirts 😂😂 looking forward ☺️
Thank you Anna for all your hard work and always making us laugh. Hearing new mantra melodies was a plus 😉
And all your brilliant ideas.
We are pretty sure you will do great in your future yogic journey.
I hope to see you soon.