“nice place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Rishikesh
KOLKATA
“nice place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

i have stayed this hotel for 9 days with mother this is the best place to stay at rishikesh. From airport pick up to check out every thing was excellent, The rooms are very clean and room service is also up to the mark. From the room we can nearly touch the ganges. Specially the owner of the hotel take personal care to all the guests. The food quality is also very nice in one word this is one of the best place to stay at haridwar and you can have taste of varity of dresses from all corners of India.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank travel2011Kolkata
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Ganesha Inn is by far one of the worst hotels I've stayed at in India. Though the reception area seems relatively nice and clean, all decked out in white wih a small stylish store at the front, do not be fooled by appearances.

First of all, the manager has a habit of telling potential guests that all of his rooms are available, only to go back on this once you have agreed to look around; changing the story so that now only the expensive rooms are free (which is interesting as we hardly saw any other guests during our stay and his claim is that all of the cheaper rooms are booed - I saw him pull his stunt on more than one person).

Second, he will tell you that there is free WIFI, working electricity and AC, and clean sheets. Once you realize this is not the case he will promise to have an electrician in in a half hour, which will turn in to six hours, and will ensure you that your sheets will be changed, which they will not. Our WIFI never did work, but he did waive the Internet usage charges we racked up on he computers downstairs, and our AC and electricity availability was a constant battle even after the electrician had come and gone. On our second morning we also did not have running water for a few hours, which the manager denied when I mentioned it to him.
Aside from this, the beds are uncomfortable, and the cleanliness of the rooms are all around questionable.

Further, if you're thinking perhaps its restaurant is a saving grace, you will be sorely disappointed. After being unimpressed by the menu we took most of our meals at a hotel down the street (which was amazing). We did try one meal at Ganesha however; at 9am we ordered three of he "American breakfast" meals, which is to come with your choice of egg style and some potatoes and juice. After  checking in with the kitchen twice (and being assured it would be 5 more minutes both times) our food finally arrived at 10:30am..only it was not what we'd ordered. My fried eggs were boiled and the scrambled option was some bizarre sort of spicy mashed egg concoction, and there were no potatoes or juice to be seen. I flat our refused to eat or pay for this meal and, having come to the end of my rope, quickly asked that we be checked out.

It's only strong point is location, as it's in Lakshman Jhula, but I am sure  you can find  much better options for the area. Some of the staff are good at their jobs, and it is clear it is the management who is at fault for this one. Save yourself some headaches and money and go with another place.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Melanie_Ewan
Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

I spent only 3 days in this hotel. It was my first time in Rishikesh. I did not want to leave. Staying here made tis part of my trip magical. The owner was fantastic. He went above and beyond for me. I felt very well taken care of by him and his staff. The room and view of the Ganges was incredible! I was even visited by some monkeys on my balcony a few times. It was very relaxing, clean and all around wonderful. Any problems that occurred where resolved immediately and efficiently. So much so that I can't recall anything that went wrong.
When I do return to Rishikesh I will stay here and for much longer!
check out my pictures and see for yourself!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chasgo3
Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

When we read the Ad that saying 'View Ganges, hear ganges, feel ganges' we thought it was just the usual gimmick. But it was really marvellous. Ganges is just a few feet away we shall virtually feel it!, Nice stay, Nice food, Nice people. We hundred percent recommend this place!!!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends