Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Everything I wanted and more!

Reviewed 19 February 2020

from US$ 8.21
from US$ 51.11
from US$ 6.40
More Info
All reviews retreat namaste students anatomy dr practice school asana classes meditation
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2020 via mobile

I had a wonderful time at Rishikesh Yoga Retreats/Yog Sansthan where I did the 15 day retreat. There was me and two YTTC students in total and very quickly, a family bond formed between us students, teachers and other staff.

The teachers were fantastic. The asana teacher, Shubham, progressed me into another level of practice; Ammu was very knowledgeable, wise and taught me a lot; and Poormina encouraged meaningful meditation and was so lovely!

I was the only person on the retreat and they were very flexible with me attending classes and doing my own thing so I was able to enjoy the cafes in the local area (although the food at the retreat was great). Vishwas was helpful organising everything for me.

The location was perfect. It was very quiet at night (I never used my earplugs) and the buzzing Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula are a stone's throw away.

I spent the last few days visiting the Taj Mahal in Agra as well as New Delhi. Rajesh and Rahul (driver) came with me. I felt very safe and Rajesh did everything to make sure I was happy and well taken care of.

Thank you RYS for making me feel safe, comfortable and teaching me so much about yoga and life. I would love to go back one day for teacher training. Namaste.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 20 August 2019 via mobile

I have a done a 200 hours yoga course at RYS under the guidance of Ammu teacher. It was the best experience ever. All teachers, Ammu, Poornima, Poonam and Shubham were too down to earth and understood the needs of their students well. The food was very authentic and just what a yoga student needs. Accommodation was basic but comfortable. Overall the place was clean. Since most people go there for yoga course or yoga retreat, I thought the facilities offered were of value for money. I had chosen RYS on recommendation from a friend and I think it was a wise decision. I should mention here the help and assistance offered by staff like Mukesh, Anil and Arun were excellent. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for an authentic yoga experience in an atmosphere which is basic but good enough.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 8 July 2019

I have done my TTC in Jan-Feb'19. And it was such a beautiful and wonderful experience for me. In Rishikesh yog sansthan, teachers are so amazing and I love the food. That month was so special for me, I learned many things from my teachers physically and also spiritually. I got many memories from there which I can't forget in my life.
In Rishikesh, there are so many yoga school but I'll suggest to go Rishikesh Yog Sansthan to get the correct knowledge of yoga and also to give relax to your body, mind and soul.
Thank you my teachers Ammu Mam, Mayank sir, and Purnima mam for sharing your knowledge with me.
Lots of love,
For Rishikesh Yog Sansthan
Namaste

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed 7 July 2019 via mobile

It was an incredible experience for my body and my mind.
Rishikesh has many YTT(Yoga Teacher Training) centers. I was searching for the best one; and I am glad that I found Rishikesh Yog Sansthan.

I learned so much and had wonderful time during my stay.

Thanks, RYS!
Special thanks to Shubham ji, ammu ji, poonam ji and poornima ji

Lots of love

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 2 July 2019

This was my first training program as well as my first time traveling to India, and the employees and teachers at this school made me feel welcome and comfortable immediately.

Each class that they offered held a lot of information and content - so take good notes! Every teacher was full of knowledge so if you are willing to ask questions and be an attentive student you'll be able to learn sooo much.

The rooms we stayed in were comfortable, furnished, and cleaned by the staff every few days. The school was nearby the market and it was nice to be able to leave during breaks to get some air and explore.

Any specific needs or requests were taken care of by the staff promptly...I was really impressed with their willingness to help, especially with recommendations for travel options and local attractions.

I would definitely return to this school for more training! I loved the smaller class size and how it gave the teachers an opportunity to really focus on each student.

Thank you Rishikesh Yog Sansthan for helping create a once in a lifetime experience! Namaste

Date of experience: May 2019