Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Thanks for this beautiful experience

I can warm-heartedly recommend you this school. Dr. Ammuji was my Anatomy teacher and what I have... read more

Reviewed 25 October 2020
Samira2511
Everything I wanted and more!

I had a wonderful time at Rishikesh Yoga Retreats/Yog Sansthan where I did the 15 day retreat... read more

Reviewed 19 February 2020

from US$ 8.22
from US$ 51.17
from US$ 6.40
More Info
All reviews retreat namaste students anatomy dr practice school asana classes meditation
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2019 via mobile

Rishikesh has many YTT(Yoga Teacher Training) centers. I was searching for the best one; and I am glad that I found Rishikesh Yog Sansthan. Being my first-time, I did not know what to expect, then once I joined; everything turned out to be amazing, learning something new every day.

Yoga instructors are very attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly there.

I learned so much and had wonderful time during my stay.

Thanks, RYS!

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed 27 June 2019

It was an incredible experience for my body and my mind.

Approaching yoga holistically, they educated me and gave me the tools to teach others (anatomy, practice, philosophy and meditation).

Amaravathi (Amu) Teacher and Mimi teacher are full of positive energy and love for their jobs and for their students. Their flexibility made the courses inclusive and very enjoyable.

Arounji and Mukesh made the logistics of my trip easy, the food was delicious and nutritious, confi rooms and amazing weekend trips .

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 27 June 2019

Dr. Amaravathi was my yoga therapy teacher during my 300hour YTT course, and I can't say enough beautiful and respectful words about her and her practice. She's a huge inspiration as a yogini for me. Her course was thorough. We were able to go through pretty much all the body systems, common diseases and imbalances, and treatments via Yoga for them. She answered all of my questions, and trust me, I ask a lot of questions. I had just completed my thesis for my masters in Psychology where I focused on Yoga as a treatment for post-trauma resiliency. I was super interested in PTSD and stress-induced illnesses, and she took the time to go deep with me and the rest of the class on that subject. During our course, we had a Nurse, two psychologists, and a Cardiologist as students along with others, and all were impressed by her knowledge. I think that's a good test of ability, to impress the professional healthcare providers in the room.

Now I hear that they have another one of my favorite teachers at the school, Yogi Shubham Bhandari. This makes me happy, and I am looking forward to bringing my own students to India soon to have a Yoga course with them. Shubham is a gifted Yogi, adept with asana, and a stable and knowledgable teacher. I used to go see him at another nearby school. I'm happy to hear that two of my favorite teachers have partnered up.

If you're looking for a YTT in Rishikesh, I can wholeheartedly give my recommendation for this school. Even mroe so if your interest is Yoga Therapy.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2019

I must say this without any hesitation and second thought:"Rishikesh Yog Sansthan is the best Yoga School around Ram Jhula".The experiences i received here has helped me a lot to balance my life with the Mother Earth. As a beginner in Yoga practices and knowledge i learn many attributes towards life one such is to have patience from Dr. Amaravati aka Ammu. She is the most kindest,the softest and the most passionate person I have come across.I received the best treatment for my back pain problem the results were steady and effective.Good-friendly environment,great ambience and Yoga books also provided.I still miss the savouring vegetarian diet food prepared in-house by the best chef. I appreciate all the efforts and love showered on me by the staff's.Thank you all and keep it going.
P.S: I will definitely be back soon.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2019 via mobile

I had a good experience at Rishikesh yogsansthan. The teachers were very good. I miss them today. Learning the art of ashtanga vinyasa and Kriyas like Lagu ShankPrashchalan was unique for me and I enjoyed thoroughly. I have benefitted immensely from my stay at Rishikesh.
Completing my 500hrs journey has been a tremendous growth for me as a person and a yogi. I sense it when I meet my old friends, that my progress in health and patience has been in leaps and bounds.
My regards to all at yogsansthan and yogpeeth !

Priyam