eDreams
Priceline
Trip.com
All reviews digital detox the river network connection great getaway vegetarian and non vegetarian biryani ginger tea the cottages nature lovers spacious balcony carry your own creature comforts city life clean linen finger licking relaxing holiday his team
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 February 2021

I reached this riverside resort of serene tranquillity , at 1730 on 9th March , 2020 . After a double quick check in at the reception , I was led to The Riverstone Diner , the multi cuisine Restaurant to enjoy my Ginger tea while watching the Ganga flow by through a very large open window .

After enjoying the magnificent views of Ganga and Resort while sipping my Ginger tea , I moved to my luxury Swiss cottage with a spacious balcony having a personal outdoor sit out . I was impressed by my bed and the comforts on it . Reclining on the sit out I could see and hear the burbling Ganga and the 250 years old Banyan tree after which the resort is known .

Later on here , I had my delicious dinner and balanced breakfast next morning . To be frank , I never like mutton , but the Pahari Mutton cooked was so aromatic , juicy , luscious , soft and tender , that I could not help myself to have another helping .

Next day morning while checking out I was blessed by the sight of a pair of Great Barbet feasting on papaya on a papaya tree .

Manager told me there were many birds visiting the garden of the resort . I decided to do birding when I would stay here on my return visit on 21st March .

Unfortunately when I was returning from Blue Poppy Resort , Auli on 21st , I received a call from the manager telling me the Resort is closed due to Covid Pandemic and I should try elsewhere as all the hotels and resorts in Uttarakhand are closed .

After returning home , I communicated with sales@banyanbytheganges.com on 1st April , regarding refund of my paid up full amount for 21st and 22nd march .

I received the immediate reply stating that i could use the credit note of my advance amount within next 12 months . If I cannot , I can transfer the credit note to anyone .

On 2nd April I requested the management to refund my full amount as due to my old age I could not see to take such a journey again .

To which I received immediate refund of my full advanced amount .

I am very much thankful to the management of Banyan by the Ganges Resort for refunding my full amount within 3 days of my contacting them .

This builds up the confidence and trust of the guests in the Resort . My age permits , I will definitely return to the Resort again and again .

Reviewed 23 October 2020

Went there for 2 days after a visit from Kedarnath, the resort is situated on the bank of Ganges in the middle of the jungle, they have 12-13 tents with an optimum seating capacity in the restaurant.
The only negative part is that there is no room service due to Pest/ants issues.
The approach road is slightly tricky but the view and sound of Ganga flowing heals your inner core...
Also the network connection is too bad, the rooms doesn't have any TV, Phones or WI-Fi, hence a digital-Detox option is a good idea for here
The non-Veg food was not a remarkable one but it was well compensated by the veg delicacies which was scrumptious.
Overall stay was a 4.5*/5

Room tip: Ganga View is better as it is nearer to the beach
Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

"What an amazing visit to our ‘Home Away From Home’ and we just can’t get enough of ‘Banayan by the Ganges'.
The heavenly surroundings of mountains with a beautiful Banayan tree..Located on the banks of the river Ganga near Devprayag in Uttarakhand, this place is a unique destination that promises incredible experiences for Nature lovers..
When you need rejuvenating and relaxing holiday and feel water, land and air - all three forms of nature.. this the right place to be in.
Each of the cottages have a spacious balcony and a large attached private bathroom with running hot and cold water, with comfortable beds. All cottages have views of the river or mountain.

We enjoyed the Rafting, fishing and hiking. I specially took my mountain bike for cycling near the cottage and discovered many good routes with amazing valley views..

The food was soo delicious..vegetarian and non-vegetarian such as momos, mutton dishes, fish, Biryani..it was finger licking with great hospitality by the staff..
Anil and his team which includes Dipu and many others.. make the place tick and ensure every need is well taken care of. It's hospitality straight from the heart...

Highly recommended."

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank vmalik82
Reviewed 24 March 2020

What can one single out? Location- fantastic; Hospitality- unparalleled; Food- outstanding ( quality/taste/variety), Service- friendly, unobtrusive, professional. Choice of lazying around or get immersed in activities. Loved it the first time, second time was even better- returning once the lockdown is lifted in a couple of months.

Room tip: River view
Reviewed 19 March 2020

Well to start with, this was a trip which was sudden, totally unplanned and all I knew was that this was my very first women only trip which i had waited for so long but didnt expect to happen like this. I was so glad that I booked this property located in Devprayag at the confluence of Alakanda and Bhagirathi river. The moment you step in there you are into a zone of digital detox, surrounded only by the sound of Ganges flowing just in front of your balcony, woken up by the sweet melodies of the bird in the morning, refreshed with the breathtaking sunset. They dont have WIFI and television and makes you cut off from the rest of the world (you may use Resort phone number for essential calls if any) . We stayed there for 3 days and made full utilisation of the well stocked library which has books for all age groups. The morning Yoga session by the Yoga instructor made me aware of how powerful my own breathing is for my emotional and physical well being. The sunset times were the best times in the stay where sometimes I didn't even feel like clicking pictures and just enjoyed the view thinking what a beautiful day it was. The owners Tito and Uttara are such warm and down to earth people and you can feel their personal touch in every nook and corner of the resort starting from the funny quotes and handpainted wall arts by Uttara, the well stocked library suitable for all ages and the delicious homely food which doesnt make you miss Ghar ka Khana at all. Cant wait to go back soon