“A nice gem”
Review of Garden and Sea Inn

Garden and Sea Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 New Church B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 July 2016

My girlfriend and I spent the Fourth of July weekend there; we had the Attic room, which is on the third floor of the main house. (There are 3 houses.) The rooms on lower floors, however, are better equipped and furnished. The owners and staff are a delight and offered suggestions on what to do when the weather took a turn for the worse. (Be sure to consult the notebook in your room - it has helpful advice on places to eat and to visit.) As others have noted, the parlor (where snacks and games are) is a nice touch. Breakfast is very nice, but be sure to stroll the grounds to look at the whimsical sculptures or to relax in the hammock. The inn is convenient to Chincoteague and to Wallops Island.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first and second floors of the main house are larger and nicer than the Attic room.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhilC-fromMaryland
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 July 2016

Enjoyable stay in the nicely furnished sandpiper room despite that there is no thermostat in the room to regulate temperature. The bath ropes were a nice touch :) The main house could use exterior repairs, it doesn't negatively impact the quality of the stay. The garden is peaceful and relaxing, staff and owners very accommodating. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I needed a place to stay close to Wallops Island for just one night. I am so happy I found this place. The grounds are beautiful, the room was impeccably furnished, the service was personal and friendly. Extra touches like cookies and tea available for guests in the sitting room just really showed how much care went into the place. When they found out I couldn't stay for breakfast they provided a fresh baked muffin for me to take on the road. I can't wait to return for a weekend with my husband and our dog.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful time here. It is our second time back with 2 kids and our 2 dogs! (For return guests they allow kids younger than 8). We returned because It is a very pet friendly B&B and the breakfasts are very delicious!
They provide beach towels for the dogs. We also enjoyed the pet friendly beach, hiking trails, and the beautiful sunset cruise tour. The wild ponies are always awesome to see!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

This was my first bed and breakfast experience and it was very good! Dorothee and her team made me feel very welcome. I came to visit during 4th of July weekend. Although the house was pretty much full, I still received great service. The breakfast is served hot, delicious and fresh. Dorothee and her staff are very knowledgeable about the area and can tell you what there is to do. The inn is in a great location convenient to Chincoteague, Pocomoke, and most everything the Eastern Shore has to offer. I plan to return in the very near future!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Refuge Inn
#1 of 21 in Chincoteague Island
14.6 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincotea...
#2 of 21 in Chincoteague Island
5.4 km away
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in Pocomoke City
10.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Pocomoke City

Been to Garden and Sea Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK