See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Enjoyable stay in the nicely furnished sandpiper room despite that there is no thermostat in the room to regulate temperature. The bath ropes were a nice touch :) The main house could use exterior repairs, it doesn't negatively impact the quality of the stay. The garden is peaceful and relaxing, staff and owners very accommodating. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

I needed a place to stay close to Wallops Island for just one night. I am so happy I found this place. The grounds are beautiful, the room was impeccably furnished, the service was personal and friendly. Extra touches like cookies and tea available for guests in the sitting room just really showed how much care went into the place. When they found out I couldn't stay for breakfast they provided a fresh baked muffin for me to take on the road. I can't wait to return for a weekend with my husband and our dog.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful time here. It is our second time back with 2 kids and our 2 dogs! (For return guests they allow kids younger than 8). We returned because It is a very pet friendly B&B and the breakfasts are very delicious!
They provide beach towels for the dogs. We also enjoyed the pet friendly beach, hiking trails, and the beautiful sunset cruise tour. The wild ponies are always awesome to see!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

This was my first bed and breakfast experience and it was very good! Dorothee and her team made me feel very welcome. I came to visit during 4th of July weekend. Although the house was pretty much full, I still received great service. The breakfast is served hot, delicious and fresh. Dorothee and her staff are very knowledgeable about the area and can tell you what there is to do. The inn is in a great location convenient to Chincoteague, Pocomoke, and most everything the Eastern Shore has to offer. I plan to return in the very near future!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2016

My husband and I recently spent 5 days at the Garden and Sea Inn while visiting Chincoteague and the Eastern Shore. It’s the perfect place to retreat to after busy days at the beach and visiting the quaint small towns of the Shore. The Inn is a short 15 minute drive to the Chincoteague and the beach. The main house of the Inn is a gracious Victorian and the grounds are beautifully and casually landscaped. Our suite was spacious and comfortable with its own fenced private yard for dogs. We enjoyed sitting on our porch with our coffee listening to the birds early in the mornings before breakfast. Innkeeper Dorothee Renn and her staff are friendly and attentive to their guests. Dorothee is a fabulous cook and her breakfasts are wonderful. She even makes her own excellent yogurt and mascarpone cheese. I had a dietary request, and she was happy to modify my breakfasts. Be sure to check out the binder of information in each room about the Inn and lots of places to visit on a rainy day. If you plan to visit Chincoteague, we highly recommend a stay at the Garden and Sea Inn B&B. CTeague, Richmond, Va.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple